Author Topic: The whole Russian Troops on US Soil Thing  (Read 797 times)

Sentry

The whole Russian Troops on US Soil Thing
« on: July 03, 2013, 07:47:45 PM »
Since I know it is coming here, cause we are a little slow for these things to come to this forum...

Here is the link from the Russian Ministries
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Several documents signed during joint work of Russian Emergency Ministry and FEMA

The Russian Emergency Situations Ministry and the USA Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) are going to exchange experts during joint rescue operations in major disasters. This is provided by a protocol of the fourth meeting of the U.S.-Russia Bilateral Presidential Commission Working Group on Emergency Situations and seventeenth meeting of Joint U.S.-Russia Cooperation Committee on Emergency Situations, which took place in Washington on 25 June.

The document provides for expert cooperation in disaster response operations and to study the latest practices.

In addition, the parties approved of U.S.-Russian cooperation in this field in 2013-2014, which envisages exchange of experience including in monitoring and forecasting emergency situations, training of rescuers, development of mine-rescuing and provision of security at mass events.

At the end of the meeting the parties expressed their satisfaction with the level of cooperation between the Russian Federation and the United States in the area of emergency prevention and response and agreed to develop it in order to respond efficiently to all kinds of disasters.

I see nothing about Russian Troops, or other things  that are being reported... This is thus far a rumor which is being blown out of proportion. People are adding to it their interpretation of what is stated.

Until I see foreign troops I have no concern. Even then, until I see people being hauled off, I have no concern. Don't feed into the hype people.

Offline myakka

• Survivalist Pro
  • PRBO2014
Re: The whole Russian Troops on US Soil Thing
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 08:27:47 PM »
We have also sent "troops" to China, Australia, and several others and hosted them here......  Actually these were experts fighting wildfires not military at all.   That's what I see here not military.

Offline SwampYankee85

• Orlando outskirts
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Carrying the fire
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 01:22:01 PM »
Had heard nothing about this at all. Doesn't look like anything to worry over.

Sentry

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 01:29:35 PM »
oh its all over Facebook and the conspiracy sites... surprised I'm the first here to post it...

Offline SwampYankee85

• Orlando outskirts
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Carrying the fire
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 01:41:07 PM »
Okay I got to do this...

WOLVERINES!!!

Offline KODIAK

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 06:39:39 PM »
Maybe cause I'm older. I'm sure russian troops on American soil will be a problem for me. The United States of America does not need other countries troops to HELP us. We have American troops all over the globe. If we need help, bring them ALL home. We take care of our own.
Old guy rant over.

Offline patriot

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Full Member
  • only dead fish go with the flow
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 07:52:48 PM »
i'm with you sy85 ::fr

Offline myakka

• Survivalist Pro
  • PRBO2014
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 08:29:10 PM »
I can speak to this pretty well.............    When there is a major disaster it is managed by ICS ( Incident Management System).  This is a program that pre-defines different jobs so that when shtf you aren't trying to organize food, water, and toilets for the rescuers.

It doesn't matter what the emergency is, the same team, (IMT Incident management team) can come in and run anything.  There is a plans department, an operations, logistics, etc.   The upper management can go to any type of event, because they don't need to be an expert on how to fix it.  You plug the experts in at the operations level, and in plans.   

All of this is to say that in this country we have a bunch of Forest Service, BLM, BIA, and other NON MILITARY agencies that would be the ones sent to Russia, Australia or wherever.  *And have been going and helping for YEARS, especially for wildfires.

But in other countries some of these disaster experts are managed under the military. 

I too am not a fan of Russian military "troops" coming into the U.S., but I don't think this is what they are saying.  What they are looking at is getting the disaster experts from each country to work together and share information to improve our ability to work together.

WE of all people believe that at some point the Sh!t will hit the Fan, so let's put that in context of a major nuclear accident at a power plant.  If there was radiation and death flowing freely, and we have experts coming in from wherever to help, it could only be a good thing.

Now, U.N. "peacekeepers"........   THAT I WOULD REALLY BE AGAINST!!!!!! 

Offline -> Bear

• They got us surrounded, those poor souls ;)
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Fed coats are coming! The fed coats are coming!
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 03:10:34 PM »
First I heard of this... Our country not able to do this alone? What the hay?

Offline myakka

• Survivalist Pro
  • PRBO2014
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 03:36:29 PM »
Consider the Tsunami that hit China.  If something similar happened here would you care that the ship that came to pick you out of the flooding was from Russia?
  and yes I know some folks would care no matter what, but really, honestly consider your loved ones floating beside you.  Is your dislike of these other countries so strong that you would let your family stay in the water instead of accepting this help?

What they are talking about is large scale disaster response.   We have been exchanging experts for some time now.  It isn't a military thing. 
I was actually trying to get in on a trip to Australia last year when their wildfires were going so badly. 

Offline KODIAK

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 06:58:32 PM »
It has nothing to do with my dislike of some countries. It is there motives for helping. In our weakest moment. Too big an opportunity for people who have wanted to end our way of life for a long time.
As for Australia, I'd help too.

Offline siege571

• Pasty-white Scot-Irish girl
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Ready for the Zombie Apocalypse
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 07:49:25 PM »
Since I know it is coming here, cause we are a little slow for these things to come to this forum...

I see nothing about Russian Troops, or other things  that are being reported... This is thus far a rumor which is being blown out of proportion. People are adding to it their interpretation of what is stated.

Until I see foreign troops I have no concern. Even then, until I see people being hauled off, I have no concern. Don't feed into the hype people.

oh its all over Facebook and the conspiracy sites... surprised I'm the first here to post it...

I think no one has posted about it here because they haven't read into it more than they should. Maybe you need new facebook friends (and to stop reading conspiracy sites).  ;)

Have even more fun with your conspiracy-minded friends by showing them this and watching the fireworks fly (we've been doing this for years; I've seen it up close and personal over several years, and I think it's a good idea--it really does "change hearts and minds" at a very high level):

"The International Military Education and Training (IMET) program is an instrument of U.S. national security and foreign policy and a key component of U.S. security assistance that provides training and education on a grant basis to students from allied and friendly nations. In addition to improving defense capabilities, IMET facilitates the development of important professional and personal relationships, which have proven to provide U.S. access and influence in a critical sector of society that often plays a pivotal role in supporting, or transitioning to, democratic governments. IMET's traditional purpose of promoting more professional militaries around the world through training has taken on greater importance as an effective means to strengthen military alliances and the international coalition against terrorism.

The objectives of the IMET program are to:

Further the goal of regional stability through effective, mutually beneficial military-to-military relations that culminate in increased understanding and defense cooperation between the U.S. and foreign countries.

Impart skills and knowledge that help participating countries develop new capabilities and better utilize their existing resources.

Provide training and education that augments the capabilities of participant nations' military forces to support combined operations and interoperability with U.S., NATO and regional coalition forces.

Expose foreign military and civilian personnel to the important roles democratic values and internationally recognized human rights can play in governance and military operations.

Training and education provided under the IMET program is professional and non-political, exposing foreign students to U.S. professional military organizations and procedures and the manner in which military organizations function under civilian control. The English language proficiency requirement for many IMET-funded courses establishes an essential baseline of communication skills necessary for students to attend courses. The IMET program exposes students to military justice systems and procedures and promotes the development of strong civil-military relations by showing key military and civilian leaders how to overcome barriers that can exist between armed forces, civilian officials and legislators. In addition, IMET has a positive effect on participants and recipient countries beyond actual training. Exposure to American values, quality instruction and the professionalism of the U.S. military play an important role in the IMET program. Finally, military cooperation is strengthened as foreign militaries improve their knowledge of U.S. military doctrine, strategic planning processes and operational procedures. This cooperation leads to opportunities for military-to-military interaction, information sharing, joint planning and combined force exercises that facilitate interoperability with U.S., NATO, and regional coalition forces."

Offline myakka

• Survivalist Pro
  • PRBO2014
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2013, 07:52:49 PM »
The English language proficiency requirement for many IMET-funded courses establishes an essential baseline of communication skills necessary for students to attend courses.

Okay, putting the rest aside, why is it okay to require English when we are training foreign soldiers, but not in our own school system? :o

Offline siege571

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2013, 07:57:29 PM »
I can speak to this pretty well.............    When there is a major disaster it is managed by ICS ( Incident Management System).  This is a program that pre-defines different jobs so that when shtf you aren't trying to organize food, water, and toilets for the rescuers.

It doesn't matter what the emergency is, the same team, (IMT Incident management team) can come in and run anything.  There is a plans department, an operations, logistics, etc.   The upper management can go to any type of event, because they don't need to be an expert on how to fix it.  You plug the experts in at the operations level, and in plans.   

All of this is to say that in this country we have a bunch of Forest Service, BLM, BIA, and other NON MILITARY agencies that would be the ones sent to Russia, Australia or wherever.  *And have been going and helping for YEARS, especially for wildfires.

But in other countries some of these disaster experts are managed under the military. 

I too am not a fan of Russian military "troops" coming into the U.S., but I don't think this is what they are saying.  What they are looking at is getting the disaster experts from each country to work together and share information to improve our ability to work together.

WE of all people believe that at some point the Sh!t will hit the Fan, so let's put that in context of a major nuclear accident at a power plant.  If there was radiation and death flowing freely, and we have experts coming in from wherever to help, it could only be a good thing.

Now, U.N. "peacekeepers"........   THAT I WOULD REALLY BE AGAINST!!!!!!

Good post.

Offline siege571

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2013, 07:58:12 PM »
The English language proficiency requirement for many IMET-funded courses establishes an essential baseline of communication skills necessary for students to attend courses.

Okay, putting the rest aside, why is it okay to require English when we are training foreign soldiers, but not in our own school system? :o

lol.

Tags:

Social Bookmarks