Author Topic: serious "urban" defense ideas..  (Read 15341 times)

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
Re: serious "urban" defense ideas..
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2015, 05:46:07 PM »
wrench i do believe your correct timing is going to be everything... i unfortunalty have no place to get to other than NC... where the peps are... 13 hrs under normal conditions.. so im trying to set up a relay with some of the guys i know south of me so they have someplace to fall up to sort of speak... fortifie in... im only leaving if absolutly have no choice or in a box... im trying to avoid that last part...

Offline Wrenchbender

• Survivalist Pro
  • Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid.
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2015, 06:59:17 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
wrench i do believe your correct timing is going to be everything... i unfortunalty have no place to get to other than NC... where the peps are... 13 hrs under normal conditions.. so im trying to set up a relay with some of the guys i know south of me so they have someplace to fall up to sort of speak... fortifie in... im only leaving if absolutly have no choice or in a box... im trying to avoid that last part...

Bum,

My first option is always bugging in.  But I feel certain scenarios makes that an unjustifiably dangerous choice.

My primary bug-out location is up near the Georgia line off of I-10.  About 4 hours driving in good conditions.  But it's a good location to meet up with my daughter who's at FSU.  Less than an hour for her to get there.

Still, I'm always considering backups.  My wife is getting into kayaking.  That set me to thinking about bugging out in kayaks along the St. John's waterway if roads, powerline/railroad right-of-ways, etc aren't useable.  Just starting to scout alternate bug-out/cache locations along the waterway now. 

Of course, that doesn't get me to my daughter so it's more of a last resort - a "Plan Z" as it were.  If there's a scenario that involves Tallahassee, getting my girl out of there safe is always a top priority.  Why couldn't she just go to F.I.T.?  It's just down the street...   
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 07:02:41 PM by Wrenchbender »

Offline Capt Nat

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Apollo Beach Tampa Bay
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2015, 07:58:34 AM »
I feel ya, Mr. Wrench,   I worry about my family being in Kissimmee 40 miles away.   I've studied every route and broke it down as 3 days walking or 1 day riding a bicycle.

Tallahassee would seem like the other side of the moon with normal transportation cut off.

The kayak journey would be epic but might be the route of least resistance.  Lots to think about...

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2015, 06:30:23 PM »
wrench.. i feel ya.. my daughter (last (baby) of 3 kids) is now married to a marine.. who is stationed at Camp LeJeun NC which is 1.5 hrs from my inlaws 12 hrs from me and all of my wifes family since since 1635.. LOL yep thats alot of people.. Now that being said i worry about my 2 new grandkids almost 3yrs and 3months.. my daughter believes in what im doing as far as prepping and so does my son in law.. so they are trying. as much as a lance corperal's salery will permit.. so i help most of the time... NOW... iv figured out several conditions that really would make me leave my house with my other kids. who is now 25 (last 1) and graduating the police academy in july who will be a great inside information source.. LOL.. opsss where was I.. O yea..

I CANT STAND THE IDEA of me n the wife surviving/thriving and not knowing how the kids n grand kids are doing.. PERIOD.... the wife well forget it... so the wife is like how are we going to get there.. ???? and really i DONT KNOW... luck... timing... luck... hell i wish i could give her a direct solid answer.. because my wife dosesnt care or give a flying frig... all she wonts to here is i have a plan.. talk about pressure.. because she isnt going to take i dont know lying down... uggg... she just wonts to hear OK we'll be able to get to the grandkids..  OK... OK let me get another beer.. NOw hick... i know the marines will take care of their own. thats a given..... so here im am looking for ideas... now i know reality is just reality.. its like a good plan its perfect until the 1st round goes zinging by.... so im just trying to come up with an idea...

those variables to me are just like the fog of war... you just cant have a plan.. being able to imprivise is going to be critical..

Offline delta69alpha

• Survivalist Pro
  • Making the PAW prepper safe
    • PAW productions
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2015, 09:27:46 AM »
I feel ya, Mr. Wrench,   I worry about my family being in Kissimmee 40 miles away.   I've studied every route and broke it down as 3 days walking or 1 day riding a bicycle.

Tallahassee would seem like the other side of the moon with normal transportation cut off.

The kayak journey would be epic but might be the route of least resistance.  Lots to think about...

True..but the river passes through populated areas...good maps and test runs would be key in skirting population areas...that and knowledge of other river wages to.portage to if need be ...

Having pre set cache points and or a net work of Riverside friends will help.

Offline Capt Ret

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2015, 03:35:32 PM »
A couple of days ago I borrowed a friends range finder and yesterday I was roaming the neighborhood drawing up a range card.  My neighbor caught me in the act.
"Watcha Doin?"
I explained what a range card is.
After a moment he asks, "Can I have a copy?."
My neighbor is on the good guy list.

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2015, 05:45:49 PM »
A couple of days ago I borrowed a friends range finder and yesterday I was roaming the neighborhood drawing up a range card.  My neighbor caught me in the act.
"Watcha Doin?"

Capt now that s a good idea.. dam good idea..... dont know why that thought never occurred to me... iv got range cards for my deer stands this just makes sense.... that's why i just love this place.. somebody is always saying some thing smart...

Offline aferalhamster

• Survivalist Sr. Member
  • If you're gonna be dumb, you've better be tough.
    • aferalhamsterintime
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2015, 11:56:12 PM »
"Watcha Doin?"

Aaaaaaaand guess what I'll be doing this week. 8)

Offline Capt Nat

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Apollo Beach Tampa Bay
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2015, 08:54:13 AM »
I love the range card idea too!  (slapping forehead) why didn't I think of that?

BLB

« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2015, 03:15:20 PM »
Modern Hurricane windows, although $$$ can provide the security and still allow your house to hide in plain sight and there is no time wasted trying to put them up, pair them up with some simple rebar window grate on the inside of the blinds (not visible from the street) and you have quite the formidable defense.  I think the ones boarded up like fort knox will just bring attention to all the resource seekers who know that something good is inside.

Sentry

« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2015, 03:44:28 PM »
Not a range card, but this was something I have planned on playing with... I pulled up You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login maps, and printed out my sub-division a few months ago... My plan was to kind of learn the streets, perhaps plan escape routes etc. Other than that, figure out where I set up fighting positions within immediate area...

I like the range card idea though... Might be a good idea from different points in the yard or something... Ill have to keep that in mind.

BLB

« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2015, 03:49:16 PM »
Sentry all you need now is to write "CLEAR" on some of the buildings in red marker and youll have a scene straight out of the walking dead.  :D     Great job on your preplanning.

Offline delta69alpha

• Survivalist Pro
  • Making the PAW prepper safe
    • PAW productions
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2015, 07:53:57 AM »
Not a range card, but this was something I have planned on playing with... I pulled up You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login maps, and printed out my sub-division a few months ago... My plan was to kind of learn the streets, perhaps plan escape routes etc. Other than that, figure out where I set up fighting positions within immediate area...

I like the range card idea though... Might be a good idea from different points in the yard or something... Ill have to keep that in mind.

Patrol use....area denial...choke /ambush points......cough...cough....

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2015, 08:10:29 AM »
Sentry thats a great companion to the range card idea.. i think the 2 together is an excellent way to set up a defencive perimiter of your neighborhood.. looks like im going to be doing the same thing and like delta said.. choke points area denial and ambush points of interest.. caugh... caugh...  ddd what

Offline islamoradamark

• Survivalist Jr. Member
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2015, 06:48:37 AM »
as i read earlier the nails through the ply wood are a great defense ive worked construction a long time have a couple of bucks of # 16& 8 s put away just for the occasion . also good for repairing many things around the house. lots of treble hooks help also along with fishing line just have to be creative to keep the boggiee man away

Tags:

Social Bookmarks