Author Topic: splitting florida  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Kaji

• Wakulla County
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
Re: splitting florida
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2014, 01:29:36 PM »
Nice, 160 acres is a lot of land to get lost in.

Offline Willbkool

• NW Florida
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Full Member
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2014, 07:00:03 PM »
In a past post, I said Florida should be split in two.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Similiar to what RPD said above, I said that the split should be just south of Ocala, and he said State Road 40 which runs through that area.

Offline rice paddy daddy

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2014, 10:31:41 AM »
Kaji those are way outs my price range..
 And far away..
 What about these areas... ?

I went to the link. The High Springs area is nice.
However, most of the affordable properties on that list say 'inside city limits". I personally will never live inside any city or town limits ever again. Too many rules and regulations and busy-body people.
In Florida, what you should be looking for is land zoned OR. That stands for Open Rural, which is what our zoning is. We can have livestock, pretty much anything we want. The bare minimum of regulation.
In fact, my wife and I are both adamant that if the county ever paves our road we're moving farther out.
Just keep that in mind - "zoned OR".
Remember, cows make the best neighbors. They don't complain, have loud parties, shoot guns, or ride unmuffled dirt bikes up and down the road in front of your house.

Offline Kaji

• Wakulla County
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2014, 10:49:59 AM »
Remember, cows make the best neighbors. They don't complain, have loud parties, shoot guns, or ride unmuffled dirt bikes up and down the road in front of your house.
They can also provide nighttime entertainment once they fall asleep.

Offline rice paddy daddy

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2014, 11:21:59 AM »
They can also provide nighttime entertainment once they fall asleep.
Some of them make startling noises in the dead of night, bellowing like some dangerous African animal.
My neighbor also keeps two donkeys in with the herd to protect them and they sound neat.

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2014, 12:14:44 AM »
unfortunatly for me i live on the southern most area of broward county about a mile north of the dade county line. UGGG id have to fight my way outa here.. i mean i cant even get southern living magazine TV because my area is so liberal... AAAAAaaaaa... ok im back.... and i get the dam yankees and snow birds all in one package... talk about sheeple OMG.. when i see somebody who is a conservitive or patriot were like wispering and looking around expecting to et jumped...

^-^ ^-^

Offline Kaji

• Wakulla County
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2014, 08:25:38 AM »
Invest in a sailboat as a BOV.  ;) Compared to sailing in hurricane season, sailing to a marina either in my area or to one further east in the Bend is relatively easy.

Offline rice paddy daddy

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2014, 10:16:05 AM »
unfortunatly for me i live on the southern most area of broward county about a mile north of the dade county line. UGGG id have to fight my way outa here.. i mean i cant even get southern living magazine TV because my area is so liberal... AAAAAaaaaa... ok im back.... and i get the dam yankees and snow birds all in one package... talk about sheeple OMG.. when i see somebody who is a conservitive or patriot were like wispering and looking around expecting to et jumped...

^-^ ^-^
I feel your pain, Bum.
We made our escape in 1995. Actually lived in Georgia for 3 years. When we were sure we were going to stay up here we sold our house in Jupiter and bought our land in Florida (Georgia is tax-happy). It's about 2 miles shy of the state line - as far away as we could get from Palm Beach County without leaving the state.

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2014, 11:10:27 AM »

^-^ ^-^
I feel your pain, Bum.
We made our escape in 1995. Actually lived in Georgia for 3 years. When we were sure we were going to stay up here we sold our house in Jupiter and bought our land in Florida (Georgia is tax-happy). It's about 2 miles shy of the state line - as far away as we could get from Palm Beach County without leaving the state.

RPD i hear ya i came down from NC with the family for work reasons and the wife and i are tied to this area as we both work for the same company... retirement is still at least 10 to 13 years away at the least so we have dug in here for now and we'v just started looking for places in the central part of Fl,

Offline Saints75

• Survivalist Pro
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2014, 10:00:37 PM »
For those of ya'll looking for land etc in North FL.. we moved to our BOL from Pinellas Park a little over a year ago. We are located in (Suwannee county) the small farming town of Branford. Check it out I see For Sale signs all over this county as alot of the farmers are having a rough time keeping the farms going. Also, check out the towns of Trenton, Bell and Mayo. These are all small communitys in Gilcrist county where the closest "big towns" are either Live Oak, Lake City or Gainesville which are at least 30-40 miles away. Hope this helps someone....

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2014, 10:54:26 PM »
For those of ya'll looking for land etc in North FL.. we moved to our BOL from Pinellas Park a little over a year ago. We are located in (Suwannee county) the small farming town of Branford. Check it out I see For Sale signs all over this county as alot of the farmers are having a rough time keeping the farms going. Also, check out the towns of Trenton, Bell and Mayo. These are all small communitys in Gilcrist county where the closest "big towns" are either Live Oak, Lake City or Gainesville which are at least 30-40 miles away. Hope this helps someone....

saints thanks for the heads i'll be looking into those areas to see the digs...  ^-^

Tags:

Social Bookmarks