Currently:
  • Spouse or relatives not on board? NASA: TEOTWAWKI in 15 years 5 1

Author Topic: Spouse or relatives not on board? NASA: TEOTWAWKI in 15 years  (Read 763 times)

Offline siege571

• Pasty-white Scot-Irish girl
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Ready for the Zombie Apocalypse
Have a spouse or other family members or friends who aren't on board? Show them this. Want to start a prepping discussion or try to find out if someone else is a prepper w/o outing yourself? Play stupid and worried and show them this report, and ask their opinion on it. Below are excerpts from the article. Look below that for a couple other very interesting links.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Civilization was pretty great while it lasted, wasn't it? Too bad it's not going to for much longer. According to a new study sponsored by NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, we only have a few decades left before everything we know and hold dear collapses.

The report, written by applied mathematician Safa Motesharrei of the National Socio-Environmental Synthesis Center along with a team of natural and social scientists, explains that modern civilization is doomed. And there's not just one particular group to blame, but the entire fundamental structure and nature of our society.

Analyzing five risk factors for societal collapse (population, climate, water, agriculture and energy), the report says that the sudden downfall of complicated societal structures can follow when these factors converge to form two important criteria.....

....The worst-case scenarios predicted by Motesharrei are pretty dire, involving sudden collapse due to famine or a drawn-out breakdown of society due to the over-consumption of natural resources. The best-case scenario involves recognition of the looming catastrophe by Elites and a more equitable restructuring of society, but who really believes that is going to happen?....

....As of last year, humans are using more resources than the Earth can replenish and the planet's distribution of resources among its terrestrial inhabitants is massively unequal. This is what happened to Rome and the Mayans, according to the report.

... historical collapses were allowed to occur by elites who appear to be oblivious to the catastrophic trajectory (most clearly apparent in the Roman and Mayan cases).....

....In maybe the nicest way to say the end is nigh possible, Motesharrei's report concludes that "closely reflecting the reality of the world today ... we find that collapse is difficult to avoid."

Writes Nafeez Ahmed at The Guardian: "Although the study is largely theoretical, a number of other more empirically-focused studies — by KPMG and the UK Government Office of Science for instance — have warned that the convergence of food, water and energy crises could create a 'perfect storm' within about fifteen years. But these 'business as usual' forecasts could be very conservative."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UK Government Office of Science mentioned above--look at the references/sources for this paper at the very end of the paper. This info does not come from Billy Joe Bob's crazy conspiracy theory website. These are high speed global organizations: International Monetary Fund (IMF), World Bank, International Energy Agency, global and international scientific organizations, etc. The paper basically states that by 2030, the demand for both food and energy will be increased by 50%, and the demand for water by 30%.

KPMG looks interesting-- they have some pretty cool infographics for those who relate more to visuals than text. KPMG has produced a number of article for its research entitled "Future State 2030." Go here to see all titles

Here is an interesting link on resource stress (specifically, water)
The side bar states "By 2030, the estimated global gap between water supply and demand will be 40%."

Here is an interesting link on global public debt
The side bar states "If current trends continue, global levels of net public debt are set to reach 98% of GDP by 2035."

Offline -> Bear

• They got us surrounded, those poor souls ;)
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Fed coats are coming! The fed coats are coming!
Re: Spouse or relatives not on board? NASA: TEOTWAWKI in 15 years
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 09:06:16 PM »
Soo I have till about 2028 hu? Nice to know. But if one country goes down. The others are dominos and will fall too so I guess leaving the country is out of the question......

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 11:42:57 PM »
thanks Seige...  :o...  it's time to gear up, buckle down, get the kids on board, teach them the skills, learn new skills, educate your family, yourself and PREP, PREP, PREP..... O NEVER MIND... this is where we are going...

Offline Alas Babylon

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Narcoossee (Just south of Orlando)
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 10:06:00 AM »
15 years max? well, at least I can be retired for 5 years before it happens >:(
Or, maybe we will make it long enough for me to retire and get my new NW Fl bug out home ready to go. :)

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 10:28:35 AM »
15 years max? well, at least I can be retired for 5 years before it happens >:(
Or, maybe we will make it long enough for me to retire and get my new NW Fl bug out home ready to go. :)

AB im with you 15 years.... i get 3 years of bliss????? retirement????? maybe?????? but i guess in the mean time... Darn so much to do....  :o :o :o

Offline -> Bear

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 02:38:08 PM »
shared this info with someone and they called it hogwash. They don't believe it.

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 08:58:22 PM »
shared this info with someone and they called it hogwash. They don't believe it.

sheeple are sheeple no mater how hard you try to convience them it dosent stick... they are the kind of people who no matter what wont believe even a hurricain is coming and when its on their door they are the ones at the grocery store wondering where everything went... in the end they are the ones wishing they did something different while they are interned in a fema camp....

Sentry

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 09:21:25 PM »
Im betting a lot less than 15 before it starts...

Offline siege571

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 01:40:21 PM »
Im betting a lot less than 15 before it starts...

Indeed. They're predicting a boat load of *BY* 2030.

Offline siege571

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 01:41:48 PM »

Sorry to hear that. If they don't want to believe NASA and all the other sources saying the same thing, it may just be too scary for them to deal with.

Offline -> Bear

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 09:48:33 PM »
Agreed miss Siege it can be a scary thought. But I was hoping for that person to "join the cause". And be more of a ally..

Offline siege571

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 10:35:46 PM »
Agreed miss Siege it can be a scary thought. But I was hoping for that person to "join the cause". And be more of a ally..

You never know...they may just need a little time to come around...

Offline siege571

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 12:33:08 PM »
FYI: So NASA is not really "involved" in this, and to say that "NASA says this will happen" is rather misleading (glad to see someone clear that up). Sorry-I didn't save the link.

Offline SwampYankee85

• Orlando outskirts
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Carrying the fire
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 01:52:43 PM »
On that subject I wonder if NASA will look into the paper. On the subject of believing what NASA has to say didnt they do a study not too long ago where they concluded that global warming was BS? I think that no matter what there will always be naysayers.

Offline Capt Nat

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Apollo Beach Tampa Bay
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 03:46:16 PM »
I think that no matter what there will always be naysayers.

Humbug!

Tags: NASA collapse food water energy 

Social Bookmarks