Currently:
  • Dealing With APCS 5 1

Author Topic: Dealing With APCS  (Read 1363 times)

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
Dealing With APCS
« on: April 06, 2014, 07:45:21 PM »
Im not condoning any type of violence but i thought this was a good read....

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Survival Tactics: Dealing With APCS

When it was announced that the Department of Homeland Security had acquired some 2,700 armored and mine-resistant vehicles, the news was met with an understandable level of fear. Even if the DHS didn’t misuse them, what would guarantee that some hotshot somewhere on the food chain wouldn’t grab a couple if a nationwide disaster situation began to escalate? Furthermore, for many average people an APC is actually very intimidating. Whether it is equipped for battle with machine guns or for riots with a powerful water cannon, the armored bulk of these vehicles is practically engineered to strike fear into people, particularly if they’re used to transport additional reinforcements into a tense situation. Like any threat however, these can be overcome with the proper preparations. Not only will this remove the practical benefit to whatever looter or rogue enforcement officer managed to steal one, but it will also assist you in overcoming the natural fear involved in seeing these fearsome machines.

Disclaimer. I do not advocate any illegal activity. These techniques are designed only for a total breakdown of law and order. All devices should be checked to ensure they comply with local, state and Federal laws.

READ THE REST AT THE LINK ABOVE

Offline TheShadow

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
Re: Dealing With APCS
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 07:38:21 AM »
disable air brake cylinder if they have them, casing is a pot metal. A 22 will put a hole in it, when air leaks down brakes will apply.

Offline -> Bear

• They got us surrounded, those poor souls ;)
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Fed coats are coming! The fed coats are coming!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 10:30:56 AM »
Intersting...
    Kinda reminds me of WW1 when tanks were first used. Soliders didn't know what to do. But many improvised and through trial and error learned some lessons on what works.. it does concern me they have these and lots of rounds of ammo. But we the people imo will stand firm if things get tough. The feds will lose. Because many will know see the light. And some won't fight with on the feds side....

Offline TheShadow

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 10:21:33 PM »
tank traps and covered holes will immobilize them. remember the walkers in star wars were brought down with cables impeding their movement.

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 11:00:41 PM »
seems the key here is to immobilize them.. i guess you have to find their blind spot or prep ahead of time... i do believe during the riots in the ukrain the had debre/barracaids set up that almost funneled the apc's into kill zones when the got to a certain point and stopped they got hit with about 50 molotov cocktails.....

Offline Wrenchbender

• Survivalist Pro
  • Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid.
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 04:28:03 PM »
The Syrian rebels have an interesting idea...

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Armydillo978

• Survivalist Full Member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 12:33:12 AM »
Against a trained or resourceful group I don't think these things would be much of a threat.....but rolling into the average neighborhood, I think these would have a nice intimidation factor.....at least until my kids figure out the cheat codes so we can hack into the playstation mainframe they're using to control the thing.  :)

Offline -> Bear

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 04:31:49 PM »
Heard recently that homeland has a bookoo amount of hollow point ammo and these "tanks". I'm sure whoever has them there trained enough. And its foolish to think otherwise.
  I am thinking out loud and imo saving pvt Ryan the movie has a good thought. Sticky Bombs,
And I'm done thinking about it for now.

Offline gearofklok

• Survivalist Sr. Member
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 03:13:14 AM »
I'd recommend avoiding them if possible. Turret gunner or automated turret would be easy enough to disable with precision fire if need be, without that It'd be a heavily armored slowass truck. At that point the only issue would most likely be the people it is most likely transporting or it being in the way. Firebombs would make it hard to deploy troops from and most likely make the crew want to go away at that point.

Tiger trap, sugar sand or mud would be a bad day for something that heavy as well.

Offline -> Bear

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 10:10:36 PM »
thanks G for your input ... see you around.

Offline fla_native

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • More irritating than a turd that wont flush
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 11:08:49 AM »
Kerosene and a match will work on most of them.

Offline goinpostal

• Survivalist Pro
  • Concentrist Party Founder
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 07:46:32 PM »
A perimeter of rebar 8" high,set 1' apart would play hell with both track,and rubber tired vehicles.
I've more than one trackhoe,dozer,or front end loader taken down from running over rebar.
It gets between the tracks and bust them apart,and punches big ripping holes in even the thickest tires.
Jersey barrier pinned,and set up in a ladder pattern(10'×10'squares),will stop even a tank from crossing.(See tank in"Scariest Police Chases I).

Matt

Offline duhghe

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Inverness
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 09:35:11 PM »
Besides fire, what about the run-flat tires that have the big (usually) nylon wheels inside the rubber?

Offline goinpostal

• Survivalist Pro
  • Concentrist Party Founder
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2014, 09:48:59 PM »
Besides fire, what about the run-flat tires that have the big (usually) nylon wheels inside the rubber?
12ga."Devastator Slug"!!
In other words a specially filled hollow point slug that can go boom twice.
Once when fired,and the second time in the target.

Matt

Tags:

Social Bookmarks