Author Topic: 1st California now Arkansaw  (Read 529 times)

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
1st California now Arkansaw
« on: April 18, 2014, 09:45:36 PM »
an article came out today concerning an event that happened in Aug of last year where they knocked down a few big towers and they are calling it just vandalism..  seems this is the second type of attack against the power grid and now the FBI has a reward for information... check it out... two links for corresponding articles

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Was This Just Vandalism?

Back in August, a person or persons unknown attempted to bring down one of the two 500kV main transmission lines feeding electricity into Arkansas and surrounding states.

The loss of one of the two transmission lines would have overloaded the other line, causing it to also fail, and plunging a not disclosed region (but potentially several states) into darkness for an uncertain amount of time, and at one of the hottest times of year when electricity is desperately needed for air conditioning.

The FBI now have a $20,000 reward for information leading to the conviction of whoever was responsible.

Vandals Attack Electric Grid In Arkansas

Offline Alas Babylon

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Narcoossee (Just south of Orlando)
Re: 1st California now Arkansaw
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 03:28:23 PM »
If your like me and a bit paranoid, you might see this as part of a test for a bigger plan.
Solar power might be a good idea about now.

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 12:09:35 AM »
If your like me and a bit paranoid, you might see this as part of a test for a bigger plan.
Solar power might be a good idea about now.

I just think these are kinda like feelers to check the viability of hitting the power grid on a mass scale think about it 10 well placed team across the usa could do alot of harm... im mean their were 4 teams for 911...

Offline kalos72

• Survivalist Pro
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 08:01:37 AM »
I was at a meeting once where the speaker said that some of those transformers take years to make and cost tons...if someone started hitting them successfully, it could cause some serious issues.

I have always thought town should strive to be power self sufficient and have their own grids for this very reason...but these days no one wants to take the time or money needed for such projects.  Pretty sad really...

There is a new show on TV called "House Hunters off the grid" my wife found last night...should be fun!

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 09:23:25 AM »
I was at a meeting once where the speaker said that some of those transformers take years to make and cost tons...if someone started hitting them successfully, it could cause some serious issues.

I have always thought town should strive to be power self sufficient and have their own grids for this very reason...but these days no one wants to take the time or money needed for such projects.  Pretty sad really...

There is a new show on TV called "House Hunters off the grid" my wife found last night...should be fun!

now that could be interesting to watch.. kinda funny these things have gotton so main stream their is even a show like this...

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 09:18:59 AM »
BUMP

Bumping this up because their has been another attach on a power pant in the west check it out:

A makeshift bomb exploded at a Nogales, Arizona power plant Wednesday, rupturing a large fuel tank and prompting the FBI and federal bomb experts to respond.

Local officials were alerted at 9:30 a.m. to a call of “suspicious activity” at the UniSource Energy Services Valencia Plant. An explosion had ruptured a diesel storage tank and caused what Nogales Police Lt. Carlos Jimenez described as a relatively small spill that was confined to the immediate area.

Offline myakka

• Survivalist Pro
  • PRBO2014
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2014, 09:25:40 AM »
AGAIN, let me help our leftist friends out with their rhetoric:    "D@mn kids.  Nothing to see here, move along."

Offline Sgt. Prepper

• The One and Only Billy Shears
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 11:54:35 AM »
AGAIN, let me help our leftist friends out with their rhetoric:    "D@mn kids.  Nothing to see here, move along."
:o  ??? ^-^

Offline Sgt. Prepper

• Survivalist Pro
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 11:59:27 AM »
I'm still not sure which side of the spectrum these "vandals" might be on ... it could be someone trying to show the gov how vulnerable the grid is in an effort to get something done.

Offline myakka

• Survivalist Pro
  • PRBO2014
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2014, 12:51:46 PM »
I agree.  There are a lot of possible suspects:

right wingers who are trying to wake up the administration (I know this is the favorite line from the media, but at some point it could actually be true)

Jihadist Terrorists probing for weaknesses in the grid

Eco terrorists trying to stop the pollution and destruction of Gaia. (mother earth)

I would find either of the last 2 most plausible since there is a history of the eco nutjobs doing similar stuff, and we know that our grid is a target that has been considered by the jihadists in the past.

BUT there are a lot of angry "preppers" who don't feel like anyone is listening to them about how weak the grid is, so I could imagine some of them trying to "demonstrate" the weaknesses in it.

Offline rice paddy daddy

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2014, 03:37:23 PM »
These are not professional strikes.
I'm leaning toward eco terrorists.

Offline myakka

• Survivalist Pro
  • PRBO2014
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2014, 03:50:34 PM »
RPD,

The other side of it being "jihadists" is it being hard left hippy kids who are anti-America wannabe jihadists.   So it might be twenty something born in this country but anti-USA punks.   

Offline Sgt. Prepper

• Survivalist Pro
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2014, 11:42:00 PM »
RPD,

The other side of it being "jihadists" is it being hard left hippy kids who are anti-America wannabe jihadists.   So it might be twenty something born in this country but anti-USA punks.
You really shouldn't talk about Kalos like that!  Just kidding Kalos ... or am I. :o

Yes I am ... just a bit of humor here Kalos.  You know how I like to pick on you ... I know you're not 20 something.  :-\  or a wannabe jihadists ... OK, I'm kidding.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 11:45:16 PM by Sgt. Prepper »

Offline -> Bear

• They got us surrounded, those poor souls ;)
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Fed coats are coming! The fed coats are coming!
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2014, 10:37:47 AM »
when will they get organized and hit more than one, an set off a car bomb on  the hoover damn?

Tags:

Social Bookmarks