Author Topic: Firearms Advice  (Read 1440 times)

Offline FLPrepper

• Survivalist Pro
  • Daytona Beach
Re: Firearms Advice
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2014, 10:45:52 AM »
You're welcome.

Offline rice paddy daddy

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2014, 11:05:10 AM »
FLPrepper, Not trying to argue with you here, but...........
The issue of Ruger Mini 14's working best with Ruger factory magazines is hardly unique.
The Springfield Armory M1A is most dependable using USGI magazines made by Checkmate Industries.
I have found that aftermarket mags for the M1 Carbine are hit-and-miss, as are the el-cheapo $7.99 45ACP mags for a 1911. You want a 1911 mag you can bet your life on, it's going to run $25 - $30 each.
Yes, the Mini 14 barrels, until a few years ago, were thin enough to change point of impact after heavy firing. But, honestly, how many of us are going to be in a firefight?

I'm not picking here, don't mean to offend, that is not my intent.

My Mini 14 stays loaded at the head of the bed with the first 4 rounds Hornady V Max ballistic tip because its most likely use would be against coyotes after my livestock. And it really doesn't matter if it shoots one MOA or two MOA or even four MOA in this situation.

Offline FLPrepper

• Survivalist Pro
  • Daytona Beach
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2014, 11:14:06 AM »
No problem RPD.

As far as the magazines, I should have stated that I was (in my mind at least) comparing them to the abundance of cheap, reliable, AR-15 mags.

Once again, I have no personal knowledge of Ruger Mini-14's, just things I have heard/read.

Offline bohica762

• Survivalist Jr. Member
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2014, 05:36:48 PM »
My own SHTF setup is similar. a Glock 17 9mm (or the Beretta 92 depending on the circumstance), a Ruger 10/22, a Remington 870, and a number of .308 "Battle rifles" to choose from. I don't carry a 9mm daily, I carry a 10mm 1911 and .40 S&W Glock 27 for a backup. But ammo for those would most likely become hard to get. The 9mm should be on every blue helmeted hip.

Offline -> Bear

• They got us surrounded, those poor souls ;)
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Fed coats are coming! The fed coats are coming!
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2014, 10:12:14 PM »
If I could id get a AR15 5.56 in M4 syle. And a beretta M9. But untill I win the lotto. I will use what I have or get. I have a remmington 243 semi auto hunting rifle, bad side is it only has a 5 round mag. And my other weapons are limited. I do have some mags I can't use yet. But I hope to use my cross bow if I need to.oo.
  But I see it if I need to "plink" I can try getting a "upgrade"...

Tags:

Social Bookmarks