Author Topic: opinions about being ... saved  (Read 11014 times)

Offline -> Bear

• They got us surrounded, those poor souls ;)
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Fed coats are coming! The fed coats are coming!
opinions about being ... saved
« on: July 29, 2014, 08:30:03 PM »
some have said and I concure. That when some get saved they don't get a warm feeling or a "fuzzy" feeling or most any feeling. But most I'm speeking with have gotten a pull to learn more.
  Have you when asking god to forgive you and when you ask him into your heart. Did you feel anything? And have you gotten a pull to learn or read upon your faith more after getting saved? If you get no feelings how can one be sure of the lords presence? 
  All these questions came about by a believer who felt really nothing. I couldn't help him and looking back I see his point.  By imo faith comes be belief more than "touchy feely"
  What's your thoughts and opinions please?

Offline Florida Cracker

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
Re: opinions about being ... saved
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 09:28:06 PM »
Hey ~D, for WIW, I'm thinking that since it's such a personal experience it is different for each person. This I think applies to the second part of your post. People communicate on different levels and in different ways. God of course understands this and calls each of us differently. It's like the way we talk differently depending on who we are talking to. You wouldn't talk to a child as you would an adult.
The one constant is that at some point it does come down to faith.

Offline -> Bear

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 10:30:40 PM »
actually why not talk to a "child" the same as a ah
adult? I have a lil' one and I have talked to ____ the same since about the time of birth...
 And maybe your slightly right about faith and such. I just thought that I would get more of a feeling and notice changes like most say they had.
 Watch 700 club for instance. The "stories" those that have been saved and had life changes are way different then I know most have had. And I guess a pastor has a deep urge some dream of. I feel as though I will go to heaven. And I "try" living a christain "good" life. But faith I have enough of. But as you said it boils down to faith. Some may feel where I'm at and feel "little" and doubt and leave. I will stay firm.  A friend I know is a athiest but we don't talk religion even though he's "sick"

Offline Kaji

• Wakulla County
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 02:37:03 PM »
Personally I don't believe in just asking for forgiveness but that is a disclaimer not a point. Christianity isn't about touchy feely I've visited quite a few churches and some no tin my personal denomination. There are churches that you can actually feel something and others that you don't I'll leave the conjecture about why to you. However, Christianity is actually one of the hardest religions to truly live. This IMO is because as you said Christians are to walk by "Faith" without expecting immediate rewards. You can tell someone who tries to truly be a Christian from someone who just says it. Did you know that around 65-70% of Americans claimed to be Christian around 2008(going by memory) yet only around 40%(memory again) could answer who Jesus was with either Son of God or God. A person who tries to be a Christian going by feelings forgets this.
Jeremiah 17:9 (NIV)- The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?
One reason it's so hard to try to talk to Atheists about religion is because of those people who say they are Christians but don't actually try to be like Christ. Of course this is all my own opinion and as such is as fallible as I am.

Offline -> Bear

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 10:56:02 AM »
Imo like you have kaji is the basis for converstion.
  And I don't recall where sometimes and I paraphrase sections a lot. But the beast is decetful and he is good at trickery. That being said some folks "may" find things pleasing like a church because they have been tricked falsely. In Revalations it speaks of a "true"church, and I'm still hoping I find it, and there is one close. I go to a church but most pastors and I don't see eye to eye on some things. I ask questions and answers they give don't "jive" at times or seem off to a reader, like they read too much into things of the bible.  And being saved some say there is a need and some no big deal on baptisim. or quick "salvation".

Offline Crash_Maxim

• N4TAQ
  • Survivalist Full Member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 04:03:28 PM »
At the risk of being controversial, allow me to posit some personal beliefs. Yes I believe in GOD the creator of the universe. I believe the bible is a good book, but not necessarily THE good book. Having read the bible once or twice, I believe the tenets it expouses will be a guide to living a good life. I do not believe that a manmade stickbuilt church has a special builtin communication system with our maker. He can hear me as I kneel in the back yard just as well if not better as I am communing with nature. All that being said, I believe that organized religion has many wars to answer for in the name of GOD. Many deaths due to inquisition, Many exodus's due to religious persecution. Christ walked this earth in the guise of a man to show us how to live, the bible was written by a bunch of bureaucrats with their own agenda to satisfy. I will NOT render unto Caesar what is his if Caesar is committing atrocities or usurping his power at the expense of the peoples rights.

Offline Sgt. Prepper

• The One and Only Billy Shears
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 02:40:40 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
At the risk of being controversial, allow me to posit some personal beliefs. Yes I believe in GOD the creator of the universe. I believe the bible is a good book, but not necessarily THE good book. Having read the bible once or twice, I believe the tenets it expouses will be a guide to living a good life. I do not believe that a manmade stickbuilt church has a special builtin communication system with our maker. He can hear me as I kneel in the back yard just as well if not better as I am communing with nature. All that being said, I believe that organized religion has many wars to answer for in the name of GOD. Many deaths due to inquisition, Many exodus's due to religious persecution. Christ walked this earth in the guise of a man to show us how to live, the bible was written by a bunch of bureaucrats with their own agenda to satisfy. I will NOT render unto Caesar what is his if Caesar is committing atrocities or usurping his power at the expense of the peoples rights.
Very well sad and in line with what I believe also.

Offline -> Bear

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 12:15:36 AM »
Well crash a church is not "stick piles" if I recall right the early days of church means sometimes a group called... and the bible is as, the Bible itself says in 2 Timothy 3:16, "All Scripture is God-breathed.... (its inspired by God). John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. So in my understanding the bible is Gods not mans.. the thread is more for the sake of being saved than talking about the bible being all done by man with no inspiration from the Creator. An the bible being "corrupted". Imo if you want to argue against the bible make a thread.
the bible was written by a bunch of bureaucrats with their own agenda to satisfy.
people who post stuff like this has little faith imo. Just because with out the bible being done by Gods guidance there is no religious base. Jews and Christian religions alike believe in the Bible. And have faith. Now do you have something about salvation?

Offline sd1951

• Survivalist Jr. Member
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 12:55:44 PM »
Hey All,

Although, I refrain from getting into religious or political discussions, they tend to polarize people, instead of bringing them together. But, this topic intrigued me, so I thought I would through in my personal experiences.  The original post by D was wondering what the feeling was like when one was saved.  I read from this that his is talking about a person without faith, and the feeling they have when they first find it.  If I am wrong D let me know.

I am born and was raised as an Irish-Roman Catholic.  There is a considerable amount of faith (things we should believe in without question) but also a lot of dogma and ritual within the church.  I was baptized as a baby, took my first communion, and was confirmed.  I attended CCD classes every Sunday after Mass from pre-school to my confirmation at the age of 16.  For those who don't know what this stands for it is, The Confraternity of Christian Doctrine, which was established in the 1500's to teach children the doctrines of the Catholic faith.  I attended Novenas and Rosarys every month.

I digress, but, although I no longer attend Mass, on a regular basis, I still have faith and believe in the core teachings of my religion, and I still practice them, even though I have never felt that "saved" moment.

My point is, I believe it is a gradual transformation that comes from the willingness to accept faith and the willingness to expose yourself to those who have it, and learn from them.  These people may not have faith at first, but after a while they discover that they are living a faith-based life and they don't know how it happened.

I guess my point is; there is no one monent

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2014, 12:31:17 PM »
I guess my point is; there is no one monent

im in agreement with you its running the race with the faith of the lord.. some do get the feeling when saved at an older age or rebaptized but its just a worldly feeling... the importance of being saved is that its a long term goal not an immediate feeling...

Offline bohica762

• Survivalist Jr. Member
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2014, 04:01:13 PM »
I guess it's different for everyone. I myself had "a moment" early on is my spiritual pilgrimage. But it didn't take until I got old enough to realize that I had to submit my will, to His will. Then it all became clear. I nailed all that old stuff to the cross and went on with my much better life.

Offline Sgt. Prepper

• The One and Only Billy Shears
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 11:01:15 AM »
Well crash a church is not "stick piles" if I recall right the early days of church means sometimes a group called... and the bible is as, the Bible itself says in 2 Timothy 3:16, "All Scripture is God-breathed.... (its inspired by God). John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. So in my understanding the bible is Gods not mans.. the thread is more for the sake of being saved than talking about the bible being all done by man with no inspiration from the Creator. An the bible being "corrupted". Imo if you want to argue against the bible make a thread.
the bible was written by a bunch of bureaucrats with their own agenda to satisfy.
people who post stuff like this has little faith imo. Just because with out the bible being done by Gods guidance there is no religious base. Jews and Christian religions alike believe in the Bible. And have faith. Now do you have something about salvation?
~D, you asked for opinions and when you get one that you disagree with you disparage that opinion?  If you are looking for reinforcement of your beliefs, you should say so and not ask for "opinions".

Offline SandraB

• Survivalist Newbie
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2016, 06:55:54 PM »
- D,

Sharing from my very own personal situation, I used to be picked up by a church bus and was led through the "sinner's prayer" and afterward, water baptized when I was about 7 years of age. since then, I was always questioning why I was different from my family. I started to think I was adopted. Throughout my youth, I felt like I was born a century too late. I had difficulty fitting in with crowds of people. Right out of high school, I actually saw a vision of the Messiah approaching me. I saw that as an invitation to serve Him but I rejected the offer at the time. I was young and wanted to enjoy life. Ha! ha!  At the age of 25, that is when YAH made Himself very real to me. I was invited to church from a friend. The songs we sang and the message the pastor preached was speaking to me right where I was at. I started looking around to see who was there watching over me. Then I looked at my friend sitting next to me. She commented "thought I talked to the pastor, huh?". I sure did! Right then and there, that was the beginning of my journey getting to know YAH. Later, another women was trying to lead me through the "sinner's prayer". After we knelt down to pray and her leading me through the prayer, I didn't feel anything. So she suggested that I go home and pray about it. Well, I did! And oh boy! What I got in response to that prayer was a confirmation that I was already in the hands of YAH. All this time, since I was "born-again" and water-baptized as a little girl, He was with me the whole time just waiting for me to yield myself to Him. That confirmation was a dream He gave me to speak to me very clearly where I stood . In my dream, I was running around. Everywhere I was running, I kept looking behind me as if someone was following me. Then I approached a hotel clerk. He saw me coming and turned around to reach for a key from a box and handed it to me. As soon as I received that key into my hands, I stopped running and no longer looked back then I proceeded to walk through a doorway. That dream was the confirmation that I needed to know that I was already a child of YAH and from then on, it was up to me to pursue the relationship with Him that I needed. So I did by continuing to attend church, read the Bible and spend much time in prayer! Since then, YAH has ministered to me in so many ways and led me through so much healing and deliverence I needed to be the person He made me to be today!

Offline hiking4life

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Sr. Member
  • Not all those who wander are lost..
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2016, 11:39:32 PM »
It's not about religion, it's not about comparing yourself to those around you, being a Christian is having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

We all have a reason for being here and choices that God has given us. We are all on different parts of the path in our lives, so comparing to what others have experienced to you is irrelevant. If you accepted Him into your heart and you follow God's word to the best of your ability and continue to dive into it everyday to develop your relationship with Him, that's a good start.

I think we get so caught up on what others are doing and experiencing around us that we lose ourselves in the process.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 10:23:43 AM by hiking4life »

Offline myakka

• Survivalist Pro
  • PRBO2014
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2016, 08:24:33 AM »
I believe faith is grown.  Whether the seed is an "Aha!" moment, or a gradual coming to understand, what follows is the difference between faith or feeling.

I have known people who were hot and cold.  They got excited emotionally and then faded.  Others were raised quietly in the belief, and never wavered.    And vice-versa.

D-

There doesn't have to be trumpets and tears, but there does have to be a sincere repentance, and that means a "turning away from" sin.

Whether a person has a loud "violent" moment, or a quiet enlightenment, once they have asked for forgiveness, what follows is the important part.

Tags:

Social Bookmarks