Author Topic: Army sees 'megacities' as the future battlefield  (Read 456 times)

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
Army sees 'megacities' as the future battlefield
« on: August 31, 2014, 10:42:50 PM »
really good article from the Army Times on the future operations of the US Army... good read here.... wonder what they know that we dont..... :o

Full article via the link:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

WASHINGTON — When the Army looks to the future, it sees cities. Dense, sprawling, congested cities where criminal and extremist groups flourish almost undetected by authorities, but who can influence the lives of the population while undermining the authority of the state.

And the service is convinced that these “megacities” of 20 million or more people will be the battleground of the future.

The problem from a military strategists’ point of view, however, is that no army has ever fought it out in a city of this size. So in thinking through the issue of what to do about the coming age of the megacity, the Army’s Capabilities Integration Center (ARCIC) got together with US Army Special Operations Command, the chief of staff’s Strategic Studies Group and the UK’s Ministry of Defence in February to explore these types of urban operations.

“There is no historical precedent” for these kinds of operations, Brig. Gen. Christopher McPadden, ARCIC’s director of concept development and learning directorate, said on Aug. 28. “We really have to figure out the scope and scale of the kind of operations we’ll have to participate in.”

But “it’s not about pouring brigade after brigade into a megacity; they’ll just get eaten up,” said Col. Kevin Felix, chief of the Future Warfare Division at ARCIC. While there will be many more than the current 24 megacities in the coming years, “there will be some that we care about and some that we don’t” depending on economic impact, distance and a range of local factors.

Offline goinpostal

• Survivalist Pro
  • Concentrist Party Founder
Re: Army sees 'megacities' as the future battlefield
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 09:14:01 AM »
What immediately came to my mind while reading this is the phrase"New World Order"!

Matt

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 09:23:47 AM »
What immediately came to my mind while reading this is the phrase"New World Order"!

Matt

After reading well while reading i was thinking the same thing... considering the threat level and locations of the current threats and their ability to sustain themselves for the next 15 years the mega cities are to me a little out of the equation... now i understand the reason for the training as the possabilitys will always be there but one of those be prepared things... so i thought this was an interesting article considering the current political atmosphere world wide...

Offline Tropheus

• Survivalist Full Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 08:12:25 AM »
Judge Dread comes to mind. "I am da Law!"

Thinking about it though, this would be a horrific battlefield. Not even thinking about the fighting, how does a city like that function? How do you feed multiple 20 million + cities?

Offline Armydillo978

• Survivalist Full Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 08:48:41 AM »
I'm thinking that lessons from Fullujah have filtered into the military mindset....that or they've been playing CoD.  :)

The enemy of the future (ISIS and any other group that comes after them) would be foolish not to target large cities.  They are locales with victim after victim waiting for the slaughter.   Makes sense our forces would plan to fight within that environment.

That or they just wanna seize your guns.  ;)

Offline fla_native

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • More irritating than a turd that wont flush
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 11:15:06 AM »
"WASHINGTON — When the Army looks to the future, it sees cities. Dense, sprawling, congested cities where criminal and extremist groups flourish almost undetected by authorities, but who can influence the lives of the population while undermining the authority of the state. ... "

Cant have that now can we?
All the other reasons for training are nonsense. Undermining the authority of the state is why any military or LEO action is taken. " A rose by any other name,,," etc etc...

Offline -> Bear

• They got us surrounded, those poor souls ;)
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Fed coats are coming! The fed coats are coming!
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 11:23:09 PM »
Reading I thought of some areas I didnt go into. Like Nam an Iraq. Nam if I recalled involved jungles, urban, tunnels, everything. Even Full Metal Jacket showed some city like scenes. Then all these stories about Iraq. Did some Mock city training in the army, but bet its more in depth now an better done. Military could learn more imo from swat. But I dislike feeling that im not on there level any more, they have so much more to "wipe us out", they have more ... resources. Computer hackers, and numbers, helicopters and tanks. One push of a button and I don't exist. They push buttons and I don't have money in a bank, no home. Everyone I know is targeted, and watched. Drones recording information or dropping something on my head. I could be public piss on #1 in less than 5 minutes. They are well trained and well funded, and super well informed. Stuff is getting out of hand with the government, and not much imo can be done.
  Rock and Hard place.     Hopefully I can hold out long enough......

Offline rice paddy daddy

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 11:04:32 AM »
"WASHINGTON — When the Army looks to the future, it sees cities. Dense, sprawling, congested cities where criminal and extremist groups flourish almost undetected by authorities, but who can influence the lives of the population while undermining the authority of the state. ... "

Cant have that now can we?
All the other reasons for training are nonsense. Undermining the authority of the state is why any military or LEO action is taken. " A rose by any other name,,," etc etc...
That is already here: Chicago, Detroit. just to mention two.

Tags:

Social Bookmarks