Author Topic: Has World War III begun?  (Read 675 times)

Offline Sgt. Prepper

• The One and Only Billy Shears
  • Survivalist Pro
Has World War III begun?
« on: September 23, 2014, 09:25:45 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

By Rachel Marsden
6:00 a.m. EDT, September 23, 2014

While recently commemorating the World War I centenary at an Italian military cemetery, Pope Francis declared: "Even today, after the second failure of another world war, perhaps one can speak of a third war, one fought piecemeal, with crimes, massacres, destruction." The pope's observation begs the question: If World War III has already started, would we even know it? Or would it only be evident in the rearview mirror?

Ask 10 people you know to identify the thunderclap that started World War II. The answer would vary, depending on the perceptiveness of the person being asked and their geographic location. Former British Prime Minister Winston Churchill was warning anyone who would listen about Nazism long before Hitler's rise to power in the early 1930s. America, by contrast, was only fully pulled into the war when Japan attacked Pearl Harbor in December 1941.

Likewise, most people would probably say that the Cold War started in earnest around the time of the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962. They likely wouldn't consider a much more discreet but equally significant event: the defection, on September 5, 1945, of Igor Gouzenko, a cipher clerk at the Soviet Embassy in Ottawa, Canada, who fled his post carrying 109 documents detailing Soviet infiltration of the West.

Did anyone who was alive in 1945 believe that the Cold War had already started? Well, history has effectively and retroactively determined that it had indeed begun by that point. The same could be said of the events underpinning the multitude of dire warnings from Churchill long before history ever considered those events significant.

So has World War III already started? And if it has, does it fit the description offered by the pope?

A Third World War would be highly decentralized, complex, covert and tactically diverse, and it would transcend the state-vs.-state paradigm. Wars currently underway in the world are either ideological in a purely religious sense, or strictly economic with a view toward maximizing profits (as opposed to peddling communism or capitalism as ideologies). Both of these phenomena are occurring simultaneously.

The Islamic State terrorists in Syria and Iraq, Boko Haram in Nigeria, Uighur extremists in China, and various other Islamic extremist groups throughout Africa, Asia and the Middle East -- with recruitment efforts that reach into developed Western nations -- are belligerents in one type of conflict: religio-ideological. They're essentially guerrillas of widely varying backgrounds, pulled from all over the world to fight with groups largely lacking in hierarchy and organization.

The second set of belligerents is comprised of nation-states, engaged in similarly decentralized economic warfare that isn't strictly limited to their own geographic boundaries or any politico-ideological agenda. The emphasis on economics rather than on homeland perimeter defense or the defense of political ideology is what makes the current set of nation-state conflicts different from World War II and the Cold War.

China, for example, has been gobbling up resources in South American and African countries without firing a shot. It's this kind of warfare that explains why nation-states engage in economic intelligence activities from within their foreign embassies -- a fact that former NSA contractor Edward Snowden apparently found shocking enough to disclose publicly. The disclosure of such top-secret intelligence can cause grave harm to national interests by hampering a country's competitiveness. Whether an economic disadvantage ultimately translates into a national-security detriment is a matter of debate. But it's not a stretch to imagine that a country taking an economic hit would experience an overall decline in resources, including a decline in national security.

Both types of contemporary warfare -- religio-ideological and nation-state economic -- feature new tactics that we haven't seen before, most of which involve the leveraging of new technology for the purpose of psychological warfare. Two common examples are using social-media platforms to distribute information and propaganda, and using cyberattacks to gain publicity or evoke public fear.

Arguably, there are currently enough conflicts around the globe in both categories to retroactively constitute flashpoints in WWIII. What remains to be seen is whether the religio-ideological "hot" wars might somehow merge with the nation-state economic "cold" wars, taking us past a point of no return and toward the worst possible outcome.

The ideal scenario would be for the nation-state conflicts to cool and take a back seat until its players can figure out how to get a grip on religio-ideological warfare -- the solutions to which have continued to elude them all. Otherwise, religio-ideological conflict may go down in history as the lone fuse that ignited WWIII while the superpowers were all collectively distracted.

Sentry

Re: Has World War III begun?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 09:39:29 AM »
WWIII is looking as though its starting out as a financial hit man type deal. Take Land Quietly, and position yourself. Lacking a better description, its looking to be a "Gentleman's" war so to speak.

Later, some will figure it out and then we will have skirmishes here and there. I think there is more to what we are being told about whats going on the Middle East, and Eastern Europe. I'm not there, so I don't know.

I'm all about 5% Truths in statements made by those in high positions. They are telling the Truth, but leaving out a whole lot. Propaganda....
I don't believe "Winning the hearts and minds" is about the country we are stepping foot on, as much as it is the one the other foot is coming off. Otherwise they would just say, your sons and daughters are alive or dead, and we are doing good in the fight. Instead, we have images to show us most of the good and some of the bad to keep "Us" motivated to produce more children to take more ground.

You cant win without the salesman and inventory control personnel.

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 10:45:22 AM »
The pope has a good perspective on the small fires that will turn into the full on burning of the globe of WW3... if you look at the current violence/conflicts world wide it would be my best guess the initial fires have started for WW3... I cant remember in my life time (52Years) this amount of conflict world wide weather for natural resources or political, religious issues... right now the super powers, all of us are engaged in some sort or military or economic struggle/conflict to the point that eventually we will face off somewhere on the globe... currently their are alot of puppet actions dragging in the the big boys in the EU (NATO) Asia (China) and the middle east as we are seeing currently...

WW3 as was taught to us at my generation or talked about was a Russian USA nuclear conflict... Nostradamus call it the bear the dragon vs the eagle and the bible says it would be a war against a black force/hoard who has a worldly god.. (look as Islam black uniforms and their Mohammad a person who declared himself a god)...  already ISIS is calling for "a war of biblical proportions" so all the other stuff is just fallling in line...

the current conflicts around the globe has people looking around and going OMG and a percentage of them are waking up.. i have to say tho mostly Christians that i personally know of... I'm calling it the great awakening  ^-^ so this too is a biblical thing.. I'm not saying end of times but it could be the beginning... and WW3 is a big part of that as it brings in the NWO...

Offline Alas Babylon

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Narcoossee (Just south of Orlando)
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 02:05:24 PM »
You guys need to stop scaring me.  I'm not ready for a war of Biblical proportions!
It sure looks like things are building up pressure and ready to pop.

Sentry

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 04:51:59 PM »
Remember we live in a world much different than when we were kids or teens. Internet has a lot of power.

Offline Crash_Maxim

• N4TAQ
  • Survivalist Full Member
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 08:52:02 PM »
You guys need to stop scaring me.  I'm not ready for a war of Biblical proportions!
It sure looks like things are building up pressure and ready to pop.
  I'm just gonna keep my friends close and my BOOM!-sticks closer.

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 09:21:22 PM »

[/quote] I'm just gonna keep my friends close and my BOOM!-sticks closer.[/quote]

whooo who.... solid good advice.....

Offline -> Bear

• They got us surrounded, those poor souls ;)
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Fed coats are coming! The fed coats are coming!
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 01:36:27 PM »
why is gas falling? In my own opinion, terrorist leadership is selling on a black market crude at a cheap price. To other oil making country's. The terrorist groups get money. An the legitimate country gets a cheap barrel to sell to make a profit mixed with their other oil barrels, therefore more oil lowers prices.
Now 5 area "arab" country's are fighting isis, some imo are doing that for show.even Obam'me is doing it for show, because of politics. Terrorist groups are a true hydra, like in marvel comics or mythology. They are everywhere. They are the start of ww3, soon really soon I think persecution will strike a large high. We must prepare for a fight, personally. It will come to our doors. We all must chose sides. And stand firm.

Offline Crash_Maxim

• N4TAQ
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 01:45:03 PM »
Amen Rev. ~D

Offline Mike220

• Political Prepper
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 10:39:15 PM »
why is gas falling? In my own opinion, terrorist leadership is selling on a black market crude at a cheap price. To other oil making country's. The terrorist groups get money. An the legitimate country gets a cheap barrel to sell to make a profit mixed with their other oil barrels, therefore more oil lowers prices.

What these bunch of yahoos are selling on the black market wouldn't drop the price of oil a penny. The mid-term elections/end of summer have more to do with the price drop.

Obummer bombing show is just kicking the need for boots on the ground down to the next POTUS. The arabs countries will keep these guys contained to Iraq/Syria till then.

Offline -> Bear

• They got us surrounded, those poor souls ;)
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Fed coats are coming! The fed coats are coming!
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 11:43:26 AM »
Mr Mike- would you stay put if your area was being announced to be a target for bombs? An anyone who has sense dont keep all there eggs in one basket as the saying goes...
  It has been said they have oil fields in there control. Look online they have crude, they sell on the black market. They sell kidnapped people back, people are reported to support them and donate money. They get a estimated 6million I think I read a day. .. oil barrels sold could make a difference. Obummer has 2years, he tries to get others to keep democrats in..like by brain washing, smoke screens, and doing little... hes a talker, and he is good for raising funds,

Offline nicodemus237

• Survivalist Newbie
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2014, 02:00:48 AM »
If you ask yourself that question I think you already know the answer.

Offline Papaswamp

• Survivalist Jr. Member
  • St. Johns Co.
    • Papa's Place
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2014, 08:42:36 AM »
1st Cav Division ( Hvy) is just now rolling off ships in Europe for ' exercises' all over.
Exercise Combined Resolve III will include more than 4,000 participants from Albania, Armenia, Bulgaria, Canada, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Hungary, Moldova, Montenegro, the Netherlands, Norway, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and the U.S.

Offline Kaji

• Wakulla County
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2014, 09:40:46 AM »
We have a "Combined Resolve" to take it without crying. I'm sorry but unless this so call "Coalition" can get the US serious about Daesh(wow I agree with the french about something) this so called offensive will fail. Then it truly will turn into WW III .

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2014, 11:56:35 AM »
all the cards are lining up... the 1st cav division moves and nobody hears anything except EBOLA.... the MSM is quietly ignoring/down playing the events and news concerning the Ukrain, ISIS and Iraq......  meanwhile the events keep on steam rolling...

Tags:

Social Bookmarks