Author Topic: I'm ok  (Read 2691 times)

Offline Tala

• Survivalist Newbie
Re: I'm ok
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2014, 02:55:30 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Well,  I'm home now!

Not as great or glamorous as I had imagined. Admiral dresses me however she wants, combs my hair, puts me wherever she wants me, and moves my wheelchair out of reach.  I am some kind of cross between a "Ken" doll and a potted plant.  I can see the commercials on TV now,  " it poops, it tinkles, you can groom it, bath it, dress it in different costumes. It complains and fusses just like a real husband, only it stays where you put it."

On a serious note, X-rays say I'm doing great and will be as good as new in about three months.

I tried to ween myself of the pain pills during the last four days but the Admiral and home nurse overrode me today because of tenseness in muscles and lack of rest so it's back to lala land. How can I complain when they are insisting I take more narcotics?  Is this a scam or what?

Imagine being under the complete and total control of your wife for three months. Why haven't one of you guys come over here to shoot me?  Where are my friends?

Doesn't matter, I don't think she is far from shooting me herself...

Actually, we are doing great and with nurses visiting and physical therapists coming by to torture me, I haven't had time to get bored yet.  I'm getting better and stronger every day.

I hope everyone is doing good and try to hold off the apocalypse until I am no longer a zombie meal. Not going to be a lot of news from me as I now live in "Groundhog Day".   Hoot Hawks forever,  Nat
Lol I got a much needed laugh today from your post. On a more serious note it is good to hear you are on the mend.

Offline siege571

• Pasty-white Scot-Irish girl
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Ready for the Zombie Apocalypse
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2014, 08:35:23 PM »
Nat, you're killin' me. You should definitely be using this time to write. You're wicked funny even under the influence. Glad you are on the mend.  ;)

Offline Capt Nat

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Apollo Beach Tampa Bay
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2014, 06:03:49 PM »
Time to check in and update.

It's been about 3 months now, I think. 

The ridiculous garbage I post tonight is not as much an affect of the drugs, (though I'm still on them) but because sometime during the last month or so, I lost my mind.

I looked for it for a while but finally gave it up as a lost cause.  It might have been right after the unicorn ran through the living room, trampling my space suit.

I've never spent so much time indoors.  It doesn't rain in here, get cold or hot.  The weather never changes.

Last month I took a wonderful expedition to the doctor's office in Lakeland where I promptly puked in his lobby.  Anything to make a positive impression.  They took x rays and the Doc decided that it is still too soon to introduce weight to the leg but said "we'll see" on December 12, which is next Friday.  I've really got my fingers crossed because if I don't make the grade, it will be sometime in January before I can try to start walking again.

The time has taken it's toll as now I have a regular leg and a skinny one.  Learning to walk is going to be as hard as paddling a kayak down the Peace River with no water in it...The river, not the kayak...

Shattered shoulder is going to be slower, probably about 6 months.  That's ok if I can just get up and walk and get outside again.

The Admiral has taken this very well.  She has unloaded her pistol and now spends most of her time dry firing at me.  I've asked her to keep the laser out of my eyes.  Pointing at me and making the gun go "click, click, click" seems to make her feel calmer and doesn't do any harm so I guess I'm ok with it.  Other times she just mumbles to herself.

Anyhow, wish me luck and maybe next week at this time, I will have put weight on my leg for the first time.  The therapist assures me that it won't hurt any worse than putting a grinder in my mouth so, I'm really looking forward to it.

The day that I can drive a vehicle, I'm going to the woods and hug and maybe lick a dozen trees.

Until then, y'all please continue to hold off the apocalypse till I'm more ready!

Sincerely,   Capt Nat

Offline myakka

• Survivalist Pro
  • PRBO2014
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2014, 06:11:16 PM »
Keep the faith Capt.  You will get through this.  We miss your presence on the site, and I am honestly looking forward to the day when we can be face to face and try to make each other laugh a little.

Offline KODIAK

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2014, 10:28:09 PM »
At least she is practicing dry fire drills. Does she say Die, Zombie, Die"?
Keep in mind, when you find it" only lick higher on the tree than a bear can pee. Unless you are dehydrated. In that case follow the bear. Try to get to the tree before it dries....
Did you have mag pouchs attached to your recliner?
Don't eat too many mre's, they will bind you up........
Still here if you need anything....

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2014, 11:38:32 PM »
Capt hang in there... we'll be praying for ya to start walking when you wont to... also we'll be praying for the admiral that she dosnt load the pistol... BOOM would be a baaaaaddd thing...  ddd   ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ instead of click click click...  ::cg ::ch

Sentry

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2014, 05:41:20 AM »
Where is my book damnit!

Probably running around with your mind I'm sure... Don't tell me the Unicorn ate your home work either... We're not falling for that one again...

Do you have a pool? That would get your strength up...

Couple pics for ya too...  :D
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 05:44:23 AM by Sentry »

Offline Alas Babylon

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Narcoossee (Just south of Orlando)
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2014, 07:46:44 AM »
Just make sure she uses snap caps when dry firing at you. we don't want her to damage the pin.  Have to be sure it works when she really needs it.
hmmm
or is it your plan to have her dry fire to the point it damages something.  That's one way to keep safe.  or you could just use a file on it.  Then that one day when you drive her to far , she loads, points, and nothing is heard but your chuckles!

get better fast! we are holding off the apocalypse as best as we can.

Offline SwampYankee85

• Orlando outskirts
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Carrying the fire
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2014, 07:24:59 AM »
Good to hear! Adventures aren't the same without the capt.

Offline KODIAK

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2014, 11:16:58 AM »
That's for sure. He was definitely missed at camp.

Offline Capt Nat

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Apollo Beach Tampa Bay
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2014, 12:59:04 PM »
Thanks for the support everyone!  That picture "Unicorn Man" really does look a lot like me...

We have a pool here but shrinkage this time of year could be injurious in itself...

Still excited about X-rays Friday...  I've had so many that its really fun at night to turn the bathroom light off and tinkle.  Looks kind of like fireworks.

I think I just saw my mind go past the window,  I'll be back...

Offline siege571

• Pasty-white Scot-Irish girl
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Ready for the Zombie Apocalypse
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2014, 06:31:44 PM »
Nat--you're killin' me. Looking forward to hearing today's verdict. Hang in there, bro. Huggles!

Offline Capt Nat

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Apollo Beach Tampa Bay
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2014, 04:38:18 PM »
I'm excited to be into a new phase.  Doc gave me weight bearing as tolerated on leg, 10 pounds on shoulder/arm.

This means that the only thing keeping me from walking is me.  Can't take very much weight on leg right now but with what I can tolerate right now, the ability to use partial weight is a game changer!  I can transfer in and out of wheel chair now with ease as before it was a strenuous ordeal fraught with danger of falling and really getting hurt.

Next week therapist is going to introduce walker and when I can transition from chair to walker, my life will really change. 

You folks better look out, I'm coming back!!!!!

Shoulder is still showing a lot of newly forming bone and it may take another 6 months.  Thankfully, it will continue to provide me with lots of pain to help keep my mind occupied.

Everybody stop having fun till I can catch up!

Offline Florida Cracker

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2014, 05:15:03 PM »
  That's awesome news. We are all looking forward to you getting back out into the wilds of Florida, adventuring with the group. I'm sure no one wants you back out more than you. With the probable exception of the Admiral.

Offline myakka

• Survivalist Pro
  • PRBO2014
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2014, 05:15:45 PM »
Newly forming bones?   Cool!  Maybe you will get pterodactyl wings.......  OOOOoohhhh  or Hoot Hawk wings!!!

Tags:

Social Bookmarks