Author Topic: My Rant: I think it's started  (Read 2114 times)

Offline -> Bear

• They got us surrounded, those poor souls ;)
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Fed coats are coming! The fed coats are coming!
Re: My Rant: I think it's started
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2014, 09:57:43 PM »
There are a total of 1,455,375 active personnel in the US military. The United States has over 200,000 troops stationed in 144 countries. These 200,000 men and women will not likely be a factor in the coming conflict and will prove to be in grave danger in the coming conflict.

I constantly have former military write to my website and proclaim their allegiance to the Constitution and pledge to destroy all enemies both foreign and domestic. I do not doubt their resolve or courage, however, there are not 30 million combat ready veterans, with the technological means and military organizational skills who would be ready to fight as they frequently claim. There are only 1.8 million veterans who are under the age of 35, which would be the prime fighting age for any resistance force. This means that in the best case scenario, that any resistance that the occupation forces could muster would consist of about 2.5 million men who have combat training in both our active duty personnel and our veterans. The mere size of the army that the Chinese could muster, in addition to the DHS, and the Russians, would dwarf any force that the American people could place on the battlefield. And if the confrontation came following a power grid take down, the odds would be worse.

The only choice that this country would have to resist the coming occupation and genocidal purge would be to make the war a guerrilla war.
-> You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I get worried every day !

My wife wanted to stop in this one town. An I am like a monkey after a banana in the back wanting to get far away. So she didn't stop. The people seemed worse imo than Orlando, Florida. Cars crazy everywhere, people darting across the road, it's dark , cold, an rainy. Unfamiliar area. Places were packed.
   I didn't wanna come to a complete stop.

Things I see an hear on a daily basis is ringing alarm claxons in my brain. I am at a loss on how to gather a mass amount in the area fully to understand an be onboard. An to fully bring the wife completely to understand.
Sent from my Sprint phone.

Offline In The Hide

• Survivalist Newbie
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2014, 11:01:00 PM »
There are only 1.8 million veterans who are under the age of 35, which would be the prime fighting age for any resistance force. This means that in the best case scenario, that any resistance that the occupation forces could muster would consist of about 2.5 million men who have combat training in both our active duty personnel and our veterans.

There is a lot wrong with this persons statement. I don't see the effective fighting force consisting of only military veterans, quite the contrary. I think you will have one vet that would probably be in a band of 10 to 15 that would be giving them advice and "orders." this is actually the type of scenario we have in Iraq with the military "advisers." It's pretty effective.

I do A LOT of shooting and I am pleasantly surprised with the proficiency a lot of other shooters at the range have. There are a lot of guys and girls that can hit the mark. The odds of any country "invading" us is so remote that any attempt would end in complete failure. We are the most armed nation on earth. With 100 million gun owners, even if only 20% of them were proficient and had the grit, that still 400,000 militia members in every state. 

But all that really has nothing to do with the discussion, I just wanted to comment on something I feel is a bit "out there."

I did read the article and I did find something that is true:
Another former General has told me that the American people do not have the stomach for guerrilla war and that majority of our people will lay down like sheep and be slaughtered.

It really saddens me to think there is going to be a lot of people that will die. I dont think it would be a matter of laying down to be slaughtered, their bodies will not be able to handle the stress and starvation.

Sometimes I might be at the mall, grocery store, whatever.. and I look at the people and lets face it, there are a lot of very frail, FAT, and really old people in Florida that would not make it past a week when the SHTF. What's the statistic? The average store only has 3 days worth of food on the shelves? That wont take long to sell/loot and then what are these people going to do?

Everyone here knows the answer to that and that's why we do what we do. But even still, it's not going to be pretty and there are going to be a lot of flies. It will be pretty apocalyptic in regards to streets being vacant, people hiding, sounds of random gun fire.... Thank God I will be in the country on my property. It's pretty difficult to see what war does to another country, I cant imagine seeing that in my own home town.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 11:16:30 PM by In The Hide »

Offline KODIAK

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2014, 08:37:01 AM »
Hey, How you callin' fat, old and frail......Well, I am fat and old.
I still hope, Americans, way back down in there souls, are Still Americans.
Back in our history, we had the balls to get up and fight. We had the will to get by on little. We had the desire to be our own master.

The problem is/was we let many come here that wanted a handout. They still do. They have continued to change our country into a handout state.

The handout must end.

Offline -> Bear

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2014, 01:41:25 PM »
To bad there's no liked button!
      Thanks hide, an Kodiak,
  Since my work incident years back. I got added weight I have tried to lose but it keeps following me around an attacking me..
      Im not "fatish" per say. But I may be "big". Im about 6'3". 
   Dont throw me in with the rest of the mall crowd. I may have a slight bum leg, but im not frail. Under ..... over what makes one young old or in between?
     :)
   Seems like many will be gathering again in large areas, that concerns me. Wouldn't want to be in NY NY, with the ball drop, or large crowds tonight...

Offline In The Hide

• Survivalist Newbie
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2014, 09:59:55 PM »
My comments were not intended to offend anyone and if I did, I do apologize. I am just making a general comment about people that you would look at and think- Yeah this person wont make it. Try it sometime, next time you are out with a bunch of people, look at them and ask yourself, will this person survive in that physical condition?

Think about this Kodiak... If you are not someone who is prepared and has some sort of a food stash, how could you help someone who was just as hungry as you are? ( I am not saying this to you directly, when I say "you" I mean people in the third party)

If a person is not prepared to take care of himself, how can he offer to help anyone else? If we are going to have the discussion we do need to be realistic about it because that realty is what drives US to be prepared. Americans will stick together and its in our DNA to help each other but you can't help anyone when you are the one who needs help.

When I talk to like minded folks one of the things I see is, they don't exercise a lot of thought in what everything outside their bubble will be like... The conversation is always.. Well I am going to do this and that, and have 6 months of toilet paper and this big gun and shoot pigs and eat mushrooms.... Yeah ok whatever but try to imagine what the rest of society will look like? Picture dead people, vacant streets, businesses all looted.... That is the psychological part that no one really considers or most have ever had to deal with. Only 1% of Americans will have ever served in the military and only 1/5th of them will have ever seen combat and combat shows you a society that has been completely turned up-side-down.

Surviving is not just about your stash and physical well-being.  The mental part will be really hard to deal with as well. What are your plans for mental health when things get ugly? Try to imagine everything you have ever known does not exist anymore. No more going out to dinner, no more going to the store to buy whatever... No more good Cigars... and that bottle of rum you have... Its going to be the last you will ever drink.

Talk to a combat vet and ask them what its like. Some of you may have experienced it yourselves... A hard day in combat was usually ended with some MCI rations or MRE's, we always had food... but a lot of the local people around us either had zero or very little to eat. When there is no electricity, keeping any fresh food is near impossible. Walking along a road seeing dead people in the streets and seeing little kids malnourished really screws with your head. Even when you sleep you cant get away from it. My own father suffered from PTSD and just watching him deal with the demons was heart braking. It literally destroyed him 5 years after his last tour. I was lucky, I was able to to keep my empathy in check. Him.. Well he is not here anymore.

Whats in your bug out bag that will help keep your feet on the ground? At the very least you should have something that plays some music.

If you are big, fat, heavy, whatever.. The best thing you can do for yourself is take care of yourself. I was turning into a bit of a fat ass myself, gained 30 pounds since I left the military and when I looked in the mirror one day I thought to myself you are turning into one of those people you see and think wont make it. It scared the hell out of me. So, I did the easy stuff, I stopped eating wheat and other grains, started using truvia to sweeten my coffee, and just focused on eating meat and veg and the weight poured off.. Its amazing how unhealthy the food around us is.. God I was such a bread and pasta lover and now I look at it as being something to eat as a last resort before bugs. Surprisingly, I don't miss it.

Being fit in body actually helps your mind stay fit and that's something that is really important when the stress is unimaginable.

Offline -> Bear

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2014, 10:54:46 PM »
Mr .. Hyde,
   No personal offences taken on my part.
 .  ???
  I admit it, I too have perceived others. An also include a threat level, like if power goes out these closest would trample me in this mall. Even outside its dark many will exit. I try hoping to think opposite of them. Cover, concealment. Who would be tripping out. Who might think similarly an help in a short situation. WHO is maybe less prepared, stuck in electronics, an so forth. I try not to be too judgmental though, like talking an making some new friends. Dont like throwing everyone under a bus. Sometimes I think it takes time to see that a big, fat, frail ect guy is not at all trying. Sometimes there the calmer one that may shoot you first.
   People are like a box of chocolates you Never know what you gonna get... ;)

An. Who wishes to fight must first count the cost

-- quote from Sun Tzu
Sent from my Sprint phone.

Offline In The Hide

• Survivalist Newbie
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2015, 11:10:34 AM »
Sometimes I think it takes time to see that a big, fat, frail ect guy is not at all trying. Sometimes there the calmer one that may shoot you first.

My comments are more geared to the physical attributes of an individual rather than their personality traits. If you are generally unhealthy, you have a much much lower chance at survival when the SHTF. We are not going to go from happy at the mall shopping to instant hell before we can get out the door and drive home. Even if the grid were to go down, people would not start freaking out for many hours or at least a full day. Once the food in the fridge goes off and they realize there is no place open to eat or buy food... That's when it could get ugly.

So I am not too worried about getting shot by some quiet fat man at the mall if the lights go out.  ;D But that quiet fat man will have a hard time fending for himself if he does not have any food stored and his mobility is limited.

There is a reason the military wants you fit, you just plain need to be. If quiet fat men were so effective, they would have forced us to eat and taught us to shuttup  :)

You will increase your chances of survival exponentially by keeping yourself reasonably fit and healthy (Physically and mentally). No Excuses people, if you cant low crawl (and don't have a physical limitation that would keep you from being able to doing it), you need to think about your health and fitness level. If my family members rely on me for their survival, their survival is going to depend on my health. The least I can do for them is keep myself prepared and reasonably fit. I am not a spring chicken anymore, I am pushing 50 years old but I can keep up with a lot of guys 20 years younger than me. For me, basic survival begins with your own personal health. I don't think there are a lot of people that would realistically disagree with that.

So no mumbling and grumbling... If you're a little chunky  :-\ and you could stand to loose a few pounds, now is the perfect time to start. Put the biscuit down.. Go buy yourself a big fat steak and grill some veg for the side. If it's made out of a grass seed, try not to eat it. This includes the main grains of wheat, rice, corn, oats, and barley. Don't even worry about exercise yet. Just cut out the grains and processed food and you will be AMAZED at how much weight you loose and how much better you will feel.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 11:33:08 AM by In The Hide »

Offline KODIAK

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2015, 08:45:10 PM »
No offense here.
And, I see those every day. More that will not make it, than ones I think will. I think the country will have a large die off. From some trauma or starvation. We will not be able to feed all the people who live here. And, we get more moving to this country every day. When the trucks, farms and factories stop. It will all change.

Your ideas about staying in shape are very valid. We have talked about this many times. I will be the first to tell you younger ones that you should keep that in your thoughts daily. Watch what you eat, get some exercise. I am talking from the perspective of an older guy. With age comes more medical issues. Being a bit "larger" makes all those issues worse. It will get to the point that you cannot get back in good shape. I know what I'm talking about.

Offline pappa44

• Son of the SOUTH
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Sr. Member
  • TCB - FTW
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2015, 07:32:40 AM »
You ALL have made good relative points.I will use myself for this example:I am a male 56yrs young,6' 205 lbs DAV USN.Not bad so far,right.Well in the last 15yrs I have had well over a half dozen surgeries.lower back,cervical spine,ect.ect...There is no way in HELL I would try to do a frontal attack,belly crawl nor any other for that matter.What I will do is provide cover fire for the young bucks,set up several sentry spots for ground fire and work slow and methodical.I also understand what you all are saying about the Helpless ones,see them every day.Bag of burgers,super size fries and a Diet soda.The way I see it those will be the first to falter an die.No fault of mine.Other than the obese and mentally challenged,the rest have a place in the ranks.Not everyone has to be a soldier when the SHTF.Jobs will be never ending ie: cooks and bottle washers,laundry detail,garbage detail,base station radio personnel,ammo detail,medic,twenty for seven guard duty,ect...The list goes on an on.Your are right tho,the under 50 group needs to stay fit and firm.

Offline KODIAK

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2015, 08:42:52 AM »
Exactly. I want America to survive, but, I can't be concerned with every idiot who thinks someone will save them or owes them something.
My ace in the hole is my family. Four grown kids with spouses. Each has there own set of skills. Four grandkids, 14 to 23. Short on life experiences, long on energy. None will lay down and give up.

Offline In The Hide

• Survivalist Newbie
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2015, 05:10:16 PM »
I should have had more kids....

It's a little late to start that now.

I'm pretty sure my role would be sniping. If you are within 1500 yards and the wind is in my favor... and I can see you, lights out.

I remember some sergeant telling me.. Private, if you can smell them when they rot, you let them get too close to ya. You know, there is a lot of truth in that. I dont want to be part of any "clean up" detail....

Reminds me of that movie that was out a couple months ago, John Wick. Did any of you guys see that? The main character shot up a bunch of guys that broke into his house to kill him... needless to say he killed them all, then he gets on the phone and calls up Service Master for bad guys and this crew rolls in, cleans up all the dead guys, mops the floors, straightens out the pictures, patches the holes in the walls and when they walked out you couldn't tell anything happened... As the Boss walks by, Wick gives him a stack of these gold coins for the service....

I'd rather just shoot them 2/3rds of a mile away and let the vulchers do their job. Much cheaper.

Anthony

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2015, 09:52:14 AM »
Just listened to an idiot mayor preside over Fla's first gay wedding.

Be still my beating heart.

I remember firefights where both sides expended thousands of rounds and no one got hit.
Truth is few are killers - guys who can eat up a BE on the range couldn't hit an enemy three feet away.

Gang gunsels empty their weapons at each other on the street and only hit some toddler a block away.

In any unit you have two or three stones who get the job done, while the rest shoot over each other's head.

You can hold a pistol to their head and they still can't do the deed.

Worst thing you can do is psych yourself out or go blood simple.  Unless you've been in combat you're still a parade ground soldier, and you don't know if you're a killer until after you've done it.

Odds are that the guy shooting at you couldn't hit you if he tried, so be chilly.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 10:04:59 AM by Anthony »

Offline -> Bear

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2015, 01:46:49 PM »
Anthony, not everyone can practice on human targets. I have tried animals, an other targets. so will I be willing? Try shooting at me an see if when you miss you dont go to a morgue..
 I see a threat, I will evaluate and I will likely act. Cant afford to see a threat level getting out of hand before action.if I can help it.

You mentioned the "pride" community. That is one unavoidable circumstance. We individually cant change IT, but if the people acted like those in Ferguson, mo. Over these "political motivated" actions. Then maybe we stand a chance to start Real CHANGE,  Obama isn't giving us the proper change.
   I am praying as well for the guidance of the people an the countries. I just talked to someone, who changes there last name? Who is mrs, an mr? What about the government paperwork, an previous relations? Is it still set that when they divorce they have to in the state they married in? Is it constitutional? What about Religion?!? (Its against God)
  Why after so many years it okay now?
     Im really okay with what others do dont get me wrong. But it should be against the law to force pastors to marry them. An others who are religious to bend to there will. An why plaster it on TV so much? I think some parents wouldn't want to explain to a 6 yo or under what "gay, lesbian, butch," is an why MOM and dad are different than them, an such an such.
     Guess im out of the straight closet!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 02:04:59 PM by - D »

Anthony

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2015, 01:50:46 PM »
Can't remember ever missing.

Offline -> Bear

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2015, 02:10:22 PM »
I didn't mean you per say Anthony, im meant to you an others. Not everyone in America not everyone can practice on human targets.. But I ask I have tried animals, an other targets. so will I be willin? (   Imo yes.   )

Tags:

Social Bookmarks