Author Topic: Interesting read  (Read 401 times)

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
Interesting read
« on: November 13, 2014, 08:26:12 AM »
this is an article that was forwared to me via the oath keepers a memeber found it on am European new site... the news agency reporting the incident is the Voltaire network who is a straight up french news agency reporting foreign policy issues on their network pretty much on the same lines of Foreign Policy Magazine in others words they dont print tin foil hat stuff....the article has a pretty interesting piece of information on a russian technology not yet seen or experienced in the west so that in of its self say someting....  the article was originally printed on the russian news network and filtered onto the European news agencies... its possable it could be a russian propaganda article but we'll have to wait n see if the news will filter to the western outlets... more than likely not the MSM so i'll be on the look out for verification....:

What frightened the USS Donald Cook so much in the Black Sea?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 08:36:38 AM by Bumbury »

Offline Kaji

• Wakulla County
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
Re: Interesting read
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 08:42:24 AM »
From what I remember about AEGIS (which isn't much) it's a multitype of radar not solely using RF but also IR and laser technologies, I also think it's constantly connected to satellites. If I remember an article I read years ago correctly Aegis Destroyers could target satellites or provide targeting data on satellites. To knock out every part of the Aegis system you have to knock out the satellite connection, and spoof at least 3 different types of detection. Or more simply knock out power to the ship, can a state of the art stealth craft avoid detection? Yep. An SU nope(unless I remember wrong, possible). Also taking out power would be more feasible in a sense since there is no back up power for those ships.

Offline Alas Babylon

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Narcoossee (Just south of Orlando)
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 08:53:49 AM »
Reminds me of Battlestar Galactica. The enemy could shut down computers and electronics, so they had to go old school to maintain combat effectiveness. Life imitates art one more time.
So, we need to develop this system for our own use, and develop a countermeasure.
Add this story to the story of Russia increasing training and flights to all US coasts including the Gulf, and they may be thinking they have a tactical advantage.  That's scary!

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 10:02:25 AM »
the fact that an aircraft can shut down the electronice of a surface vessel is pretty impressive the improve Agies system uses Sat's to link up other groups to create an airborne and surface defensive and offensive multi vessel surface and airborne communicating and threat identification umbrella for a task force but stills maintains an independent functioning capabilities for personal ship protection... the fact that an airborne threat can effectively jam or shut down a ships functioning computer system is technology that is very impressive.. that means the aircrafts computer jamming system can switch frequencies at the microwave frequency level faster than the ships capabilities trying to melt thru therefore keeping it in the dark.. useally the ships capabilities can burn thru the jamming process once its detected within a min or so... just stronger computing capabilities think of a desktop vs a cell phone... now add the fact that the airborne threat SHUT DOWN the electronices of the ship at will and was able to make multiple bombing runs on the ship and they couldn't do anything about it means the Russian system has the electronic capability to continuesly dissable the ships onboard electronic computer systems making it roughly a tug boat.. think about this... the improved Agies system is one of the best in the world that's why we can send ships outfitted with it solo NOW that process has to be reevaluated.. basically if this holds to be true the Russians just kicked us in the balls....

Offline Kaji

• Wakulla County
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 11:36:04 AM »
If it's true why would they let us know about it? The primary detection/search capabilities of our fleets are the Aegis system ships, that's like saying haha if we fight I can turn out the lights. Yet giving you time to buy a halogen work lamp.

Offline Wrenchbender

• Survivalist Pro
  • Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid.
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 02:51:52 PM »
The Aegis system represents years of development and billions invested.  The Soviets Russians have just shown it's junk.  They have the means to defeat it.

Looking back to the Cold War, in the 1950s North American Aviation developed the XB-70 bomber.  America having a nuclear bomber with a speed of Mach 3+ and a ceiling above 70,000 ft absolutely PANICKED the Russians. 

So much so that they crashed the development of the MiG 25 Foxbat - a limited capability interceptor built expressly to counter the Valkyrie.  Diverting enormous amounts of money and resources.  We built 2 of them.  One crashed.

The USSR was forced to completely retool it's Air Defense.

Maybe that's the point of showing us their ability to defeat the Aegis system.  To force a shrinking US military to divert critical resources into completely revamping American fleet defense, leaving us far less capable of fielding a viable military threat to counter Putin's increasingly bold moves...

Offline -> Bear

• They got us surrounded, those poor souls ;)
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Fed coats are coming! The fed coats are coming!
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 10:32:08 PM »
Read a paper sent from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login that in Ezekiel's Gog refers to Russia invading Israel. An China (men of the East) "gathering for war against Israel" as well.

We are in deep trouble, we are in debt to our hair line. Have government issues, terrorist group threats, Russia an China an there "partners" becoming a threat. The pope trying to change the Catholic ways, many turning against God, sin running rampant, .........
   RUSSIA AND CHINA will be a big super force imo to deal with sooner rather than later.

Offline islamoradamark

• Survivalist Jr. Member
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 07:13:09 PM »
china is building 5 war ships to our one war ship the US is tired of war they are ready for war just my 2 cents

Offline Kaji

• Wakulla County
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 08:06:35 AM »
Of course, how else are they going to majorly cut their Pop. without the West trying to sanction them? Start a war with the West and ignore the sanctions.

Tags:

Social Bookmarks