Author Topic: Home Area  (Read 834 times)

Offline -> Bear

• They got us surrounded, those poor souls ;)
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Fed coats are coming! The fed coats are coming!
Home Area
« on: December 02, 2014, 04:15:07 PM »
There is a thread/book called unwelcome sign I think.
   An reading that got me to rethink some things. An in your homestead, how would you protect all of yours, if no one is there to back you up? An how would one really keep prepping to ones self an still have there area stand up? An keep a full garden on the down low?

Offline KODIAK

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
Re: Home Area
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 05:53:48 PM »
Don't think you will ever be able to do it all by yourself. Lone Wolf MAY work for a while if you stay mobile. Running a homestead you need family and/or friends. You have to sleep, garden, hunt, take a crap, etc.....

Offline Alas Babylon

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Narcoossee (Just south of Orlando)
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 10:29:45 AM »
What Kodiac said!  You cant, and you need people.

I thought my garden and fruit trees were well hidden: in the middle of 6 acres of uncleared brush, trees, palmettos, etc. cannot be seen from anywhere. I cant see my neighbors, and they cant see me. Or so I thought, until I ran into my new neighbors that are renting the place next to mine.  They were poaching deer in my wetland right behind my house, well onto my property.  They said they saw the fence posts (no wire).  They asked to put a deer stand up and pointed at a tree, and then told me it was just past my garden, and pointed to where my garden would be if you could see it.  They had been tracking deer throughout my property for some time.  I never even knew till I heard them right behind the house one day.  They know everything I have outside and I don't trust them at all.  They demonstrated no respect for private property even now during normal times. and from the shooting, are well armed.
My wife hired a lady down the street to clean our house once a week.  She has been doing it for 8 years now.  we know her and her family, like them, but still, they know all my stuff inside.  Food preps, gear, even the books I have been reading. So I have talked to her about prepping. Don't know if she does, but she knows what I have, and if SHTF, I bet she would come knocking, and probably with others.
The USPS local delivery person must know what i have, based on catalogs, magazines, and such. 
Too many people know too much!

So how to defend against them? numbers, more people, and a constant watch.

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 07:16:44 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

this holds true even in a community, colony, or whatever you end up in... number will always prevail....

Offline -> Bear

• They got us surrounded, those poor souls ;)
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Fed coats are coming! The fed coats are coming!
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 06:03:48 PM »
Alright same track different question.
  Sometimes your friend, who is your prep neighbor "bro" did everything you thought. But didnt an when tshtf, hes not fully ready so he attacks you knowing what you got, or brings friends you didnt invite then takes all you got. Or your friend you started with years ago got discouraged moved on got married then when all toots broken loose he comes back to YOU unprepared with a wife. expecting you'll just welcome him back with open arms...
   That said I trust little, even my closest association type friends.. my understanding is some cant be caught up to date either. Or wouldn't do all that needs done.
   I would accept some help from some of yall though.. even wish some neighbors were like some of yall too ..
      My blood kin folk is all up north. My in-laws are here, friends are spread out thin an fewer still I would consider possible to watch the 6.
    (I assume to slightly know what shape things may be in)

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 09:41:18 AM »
Alright same track different question.
  Sometimes your friend, who is your prep neighbor "bro" did everything you thought. But didnt an when tshtf, hes not fully ready so he attacks you knowing what you got, or brings friends you didnt invite then takes all you got. Or your friend you started with years ago got discouraged moved on got married then when all toots broken loose he comes back to YOU unprepared with a wife. expecting you'll just welcome him back with open arms...
   That said I trust little, even my closest association type friends.. my understanding is some cant be caught up to date either. Or wouldn't do all that needs done.
   I would accept some help from some of yall though.. even wish some neighbors were like some of yall too ..
      My blood kin folk is all up north. My in-laws are here, friends are spread out thin an fewer still I would consider possible to watch the 6.
    (I assume to slightly know what shape things may be in)

you answer the door with a shot gun and an attitude to use it.. if they show up empty handed than you deal with it how you have predetermined to do so... have a plan.... if they are somebody that can contribute like a dr, nurse, or what ever you'v decided you need than figure out a way to work them into your preps... you should try to work out extra stuff in your preps anyways for just in case things.... if your friend shows up with ammo guns and other stuff than thats only a decision you can make on the spot under whatever circumstances causes TSHTF.. if attacked... fight for your lives...  one thing to do is to work out a sentry post set up for early warning issues too...

Anthony

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 12:39:27 AM »
No Power Intercom

Made of garden hose with a funnel at each end.  One end is hanging by the door.  It goes up into the attic space.  It doesn't come down inside the door but in a location you can see the outside from.  You talk to them through it or not at all.

Obscura

You make solid shutters inside the window that block all light when closed.  Except for a small hole in one.  If the room is dark an outside image is projected inside the room.  If someone walks by an upside down image of them is seen on the wall. 

You seal the front door so it can't be opened and use another door for egress.  Anyone tries that door is up to no good.

Anthony

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 01:13:14 AM »

I thought my garden and fruit trees were well hidden: in the middle of 6 acres of uncleared brush, trees, palmettos, etc. cannot be seen from anywhere. I cant see my neighbors, and they cant see me. Or so I thought, until I ran into my new neighbors that are renting the place next to mine.  They were poaching deer in my wetland right behind my house, well onto my property.  They said they saw the fence posts (no wire).  They asked to put a deer stand up and pointed at a tree, and then told me it was just past my garden, and pointed to where my garden would be if you could see it.  They had been tracking deer throughout my property for some time.  I never even knew till I heard them right behind the house one day.  They know everything I have outside and I don't trust them at all.  They demonstrated no respect for private property even now during normal times. and from the shooting, are well armed.
My wife hired a lady down the street to clean our house once a week.  She has been doing it for 8 years now.  we know her and her family, like them, but still, they know all my stuff inside.  Food preps, gear, even the books I have been reading. So I have talked to her about prepping. Don't know if she does, but she knows what I have, and if SHTF, I bet she would come knocking, and probably with others.
The USPS local delivery person must know what i have, based on catalogs, magazines, and such. 
Too many people know too much!

In Fla trespass with a firearm is a felony.

Put up two strands of wire on those fenceposts and at least one no hunting and no trespass sign on each side.

If the SO catches them they lose their guns and go to jail.

Offline Alas Babylon

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Narcoossee (Just south of Orlando)
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 07:54:40 AM »

"In Fla trespass with a firearm is a felony.

Put up two strands of wire on those fenceposts and at least one no hunting and no trespass sign on each side.

If the SO catches them they lose their guns and go to jail."
-----------------------
True, but...
I would have to call the SO, then file charges, and testify in court. The new neighbors have lots of family just down the road.  I don't want to start a war with all of them.  Better to play nice and be aware of them, that give them excuses to cause trouble.

I am thinking of hiring a fence company to complete the fence, I'll never get to it.

Anthony

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 11:25:06 AM »
That clarifies things a bit.

Where I live there are families who feel they own the county.  They do what they want when they want, like going on someone else's land to hunt. Or fish out their pond - or get food from their garden.

There are vast areas near me that teem with deer and hog - but you don't hunt there without their permission.  Outsiders who do so sometimes disappear.  They've known every inch of the area since their great-grandad settled the area and know when someone else is there.

I don't know about your area but in mine half the SO is one of those families.

They are aware that outsiders will flock to their area in an emergency to eat their deer and hog. 

Good luck my friend.

Tags:

Social Bookmarks