Author Topic: Green Swamp Dec 19-21 AAR  (Read 1135 times)

Sentry

Green Swamp Dec 19-21 AAR
« on: December 21, 2014, 07:07:26 PM »
Ok, so a few of us went camping this past weekend. The plan was to go out to Green Swamp, but the reservations got all discombobulated and we had planned on going to Greg's place. We finally got the word that Green Swamp was a go, the day before the camp out.

So, it was an Hour Drive for me... The wife had Friday off, the kids were held from school. We spent most of Friday packing and ended up leaving about 1600 or so...

We arrived at the camp ground after spending about 30 minutes looking for the correct entrance due to GPS directions etc... Finally we were able to pull in for the McNeil Campground. From the gate, its about 3 miles or so... Very interesting drive...

Of course I was pulling Trailer, which I was trying to be very mindful of. Until I get used to it working for me... Which I think I am about there....

Offline Greg

• Survivalist Pro
Re: Green Swamp Dec 19-21 AAR
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 10:56:17 PM »
Where is the rest of the story?

Sentry

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 11:16:49 PM »
LOL, its coming Greg... I got tired the night I started posting it... Then I had to actually work for a couple of days.... Jeez, work gits in the way of everything....

So... As I was saying, I'm getting more comfortable with the trailer.

As stated in the past, I have been wanting to get a load plan down for both my truck and trailer. Unfortunately, this is still in the works... But I am getting there, very s-l-o-w-l-y......... None the less.

We arrived at camp, and were stuck setting up the tent in the dark almost... Still a chore getting the kids to help set up. But they are getting close to actually helping... There was a little confusion with set up this time as we were trying to set up on one site as opposed to using a different camp site on the McNeil Camp area... So we were a little close to everyone this time.
Yip its a lot to set up... I will agree... But I want to be sure my family learns to enjoy camping before I start taking things away... At the same time, if SHTF. Were going to end up down grading quickly... May as well take the sting out slowly. Biggest thing is getting everyone out there...

We did a small gift exchange being it was near Xmas... Discussed a lot, laughed a lot and relaxed some....

A couple things I thought about during and after the camp.

Moving food in jars and in #10 cans....

I have those bi fold boxes I will give more work to see if they will work out for that.... Simple part is the boxed dry food... I am still setting up my kitchen items... This has been a work in progress, and I found myself saying I don't know if we have it, or I don't think we have it... Though this is why I have been attempting to push the wife into doing more inventories with me...

Sticking to using the tablet to load the BOV and BOT

I can load most everything myself. I don't like to because I want the others in the family to be able to do so. While some may find it funny that, that is important to me. I do not, because should something happen, and I am not around it has to get done... So what good is everything if its not loaded in time to be used somewhere else...
 I found myself upon leaving the home, stuffing little things in cubby holes as I found them in-between items in the vehicle.... I am so tired of doing this...... A small part of it, is taking things out of bags etc... However a lot of it is things which I have not assigned any kind of plan.... Its a living plan to be sure...

Offline KODIAK

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 09:12:30 AM »
I enjoy your process of refining your plans. I think it will be a constant evolution. You will always find a better plan for packing, storing and using your supplies. You are far ahead of the pack in your use and refinment of THE PLAN...Good on you.

ptajay

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 06:31:57 PM »
I love green swamp, I've used one of their primitive sites a couple times and it was great.  Probably the only ones that were there in years.  Would love to go again.

Tags:

Social Bookmarks