Author Topic: Toilet Paper  (Read 3826 times)

Offline Stephen

• Survivalist Sr. Member
  • West Volusia County
Re: Toilet Paper
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2015, 10:35:20 PM »
Before I discovered these, I had a pump up garden sprayer that I kept set aside just for that purpose. This works far better though. The sprayer is now being used for its intended purpose.

Offline Saints75

• Survivalist Pro
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2015, 09:07:21 PM »
hey Stephen- great find on the website. I will be getting a few of them. Thanks.

Offline Capt Nat

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Apollo Beach Tampa Bay
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2015, 08:28:27 AM »
I'm kinda hoping I don't outlive toilet paper.  To me, it's the foundation of civilized society...

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2015, 09:46:03 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm kinda hoping I don't outlive toilet paper.  To me, it's the foundation of civilized society...

::cg ::cg ::cg

Offline patriot

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Full Member
  • only dead fish go with the flow
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2015, 10:38:03 AM »
wife and i rearranged and took count of all our supplies over the weekend.got 284 rolls of tp

Offline -> Bear

• They got us surrounded, those poor souls ;)
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Fed coats are coming! The fed coats are coming!
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2015, 11:24:30 PM »
284?
 I have a ways to get there. I might get close to a hundred rolls of True T-P paper. Then I might use the 20ish mega paper towel rolls I have left. Sams sells a pack of 15 mega rolls, try getting a pack when I make it there the 15 mega roll pack says they equal 30rolls but IDNK.
     FYI seen a rain barrel at tractor supply that holds a supposed 50gallons of rain water, I just thought of it it has a spigot at the bottom. Maybe a hose, turn on the spigot an rinse off for months... or fill a water can an rinse off butter bottom. Think if mounted could be a outside shower option..

Offline Saints75

• Survivalist Pro
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2015, 08:50:10 PM »
Hey guys how about using the old style of enema bag? It holds a quart of water and has the hose and small stick to wash the soiled area.

Sentry

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2015, 09:03:24 PM »
Heres my math on this and it's using 6 sheets per wipe.

Toilet paper
One roll of toilet paper has 374 sheets
Which allows for 62 uses
62 uses divided by three uses daily equals 20 days
20 days goes into 365 days at 18 rolls per year

18 rolls times four persons equals 73 rolls per year
73 rolls X five years equals 365 rolls

Sentry

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2015, 10:51:50 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
thinking outside the box i get boxes of Kleenex to store for TP sub's they are uniformly shaped, cheaper than TP and they  have multiple uses... But like everything else they to will run out...

considering the smell thing being around people who are not able to shower or wash daily a little poo butter smell will just  add to the adventure... or by that time will people really care....?

I'd like to see Kleenex being cheaper... Not sure how you are coming to this conclusion... I cannot see it being cheaper. I just looked on Amazon (I know you can get stuff cheap) and there is a hell of a difference in price...

TP is just as usable as Kleenex

Offline siege571

• Pasty-white Scot-Irish girl
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Ready for the Zombie Apocalypse
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2015, 12:21:49 AM »
Check out the women's section at survivalist boards. Try searching for "family cloth." If you're a dude, you can't post but you can read (the guys tend to really muck up the threads).  Lots of info about using & cleaning the cloth wipes as well as using different types of spray/squirt containers before the wiping process, which apparently really cuts down on the pooh.

Offline siege571

• Pasty-white Scot-Irish girl
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Ready for the Zombie Apocalypse
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2015, 12:29:22 AM »
I see storing mountains of TP as being like storing a mountain of tampons. You don't need to spend all the money and waste all the space on either one. And if you're bugging out or just on the road with a limited amount of space, you've got more important things to carry.

Instead of TP use family cloth and squirt bottles.
Instead of tampons use a menstrual cup (e.g., Diva Cup). There are also plenty of patterns on line to sew reusable sanitary pads.

Offline Capt Ret

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2015, 06:09:38 AM »
Part of my back up plan includes the paper napkins.  My wife is a chronic yard sale shopper.  Since we have a high concentration of military in the area, their pre-moving yard sales include all kinds of things.  Paper products are very common as they clean out their kitchen.  One time she came home with about 5 large packages of high quality napkins.  I vac-packed them in 300 count packages.  They vac-pack down to a very small package.  They would make great TP substitutes.  Can't be flushed, but a small burn barrel solves the problem.  Modern TP is a technology marvel, but it is not multi-use.  Napkins have a thousand uses; cleaning, hand drying, even an emergency bandage.  The better ones can even be used as a pre-filter for water to remove the gunk.

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2015, 09:41:36 AM »
seige those are good ideas.. i do think most ladies have a better plan for backups on these issues... so any links would much be appreciated...

Sentry.. i do get at sams 6 lager boxes of kleenex which are larger sheets than the TP for around 10.00 and the average 12 count tp is running around 8 to 13 depending brand and has less total sq foot of paper...

Offline Toxoph

• Survivalist Pro
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2015, 02:48:54 PM »
Interesting thread!

I buy bulk from BJ's for my short term shtf TP needs, as much as I can store, its a commodity which will always be used.

Ive always been fastenated with making paper but never tried. I've seen shows showing how the Chinese have been doing it for thousands of years, fastenating. Never really thought about doing it for a shtf scenario. The person who can make TP would be king in TEOTWAWKI scenario!

You just make highly saturated pureed paper water solution then screen it out in sheets. It takes a huge degree of skill to get the thickness and consistancy right. Plant pulp was used

Many times I have taken newspaper/magazines, crumpled it soft and used that. Bet the majority of sheeple wouldnt even think of doing that!

Makes storing Clorox even more important for disinfecting our rags or maybe even dying the paper we make.

Luckily, in FL we have better water options for washing rags.

Just my $0.02 rambling thoughts on TP  :)

Offline Capt Nat

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Apollo Beach Tampa Bay
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2015, 07:31:55 AM »
Brings a different outlook to SHTF....

Maybe we should refer here to SHTPaper...

Tags:

Social Bookmarks