Author Topic: Been out of touch lately  (Read 375 times)

Offline rice paddy daddy

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
Been out of touch lately
« on: February 02, 2015, 10:37:58 AM »
I'm back.
I got a total knee replacement in mid October and was out of work until mid Dec. And at work is when most of my participation here occurs (it's nice being boss).
Then, my work terminal took a dump and the IT guys tried and tried to do a remote repair but I ended up having to send it off to Missouri.
Anyway, the computer is back and so am I.
Now I'm going to have to go catch up on what I missed. :)

Offline siege571

• Pasty-white Scot-Irish girl
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Ready for the Zombie Apocalypse
Re: Been out of touch lately
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 10:42:24 AM »
Nice to see you back. How's the knee?

Offline rice paddy daddy

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 10:57:15 AM »
The knee itself does not hurt.
But they say it takes 8 months to a year to completely heal, and right now it is still swollen, the nerve damage to my lower leg may or may not fix itself, the lower leg bone itself still causes discomfort.
 I was told that while the thigh bone is connected to the hip and does not move during the operation, the lower leg has to be held fast, with clamps I assume. It was quite painfull for almost two months. And, from what I was told sometimes the bottom replacement piece has to be hammered in place. The physician's assistant who saw me at the 8 week mark told me the pain down there is normal, and that the operation is "quite violent." :o
I dislike anything that affects my brain, like drugs or alcohol, but the narcotics they gave me were appreciated, and I even got one refill.  :D
Now I'm down to 3 Tylenol before bed so I can sleep straight thru.
I had put up with bone-on-bone contact for almost 30 years, and it is so wonderful to be pain free and be able to walk more than a 1/4 mile.

Offline KODIAK

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 12:12:30 PM »
RPD, Good to hear from you. Glad you are on the mend. DRs and hospitals are evil, but needed at times. They are trying to talk me into a hip replacement. Just hard to wrap my head around it after my back surgery was only partially successful.
You have not missed a lot, things have been quiet lately, maybe because you were gone......
Stay safe. Keep pushing forward...

Offline rice paddy daddy

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 03:21:44 PM »
My wife had both her knees replaced in 2010, but she had put it off long enough that she wore out her hip and needs one of those too.
I was supposed to retire last October, but am still working full time for the insurance. We want her hip done by the same surgeon who did our knees and do not want to depend on whoever would take Medicare.

Offline myakka

• Survivalist Pro
  • PRBO2014
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 08:08:06 PM »
Nice to see you my friend.  Glad you are back, and hope you heal up quickly.

Offline rice paddy daddy

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 08:32:12 PM »
Thanks, guys.

Tags:

Social Bookmarks