Author Topic: Just wondering  (Read 629 times)

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
Just wondering
« on: March 30, 2015, 10:21:55 PM »
I was looking up if you can CC in church in Fl, even tho i know you can and even if a church has a no gun allowed sigh you can still carry but have to leave if found out and asked... so anyways i came across this section of Fl code for places not to carry and i thought this part of it was a little backwards and kind of open to interpation...

section 790.06
 (12)any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose;

The way i interped the listing is... you are allowed to cc to a restraunt/bar like chilies as long as they serve food and your not seated at the bar or bar area (unless the bar area has dining seating)... but the section says any portion of an establishment.....  than the.... which portion of the establisment is primarily devoted to such purpose... 

so if you went to lets say a strip joint that serves dinner and lunch specials from a kitchen than are you in violation of the statue if your not at the bar and your not drinking?

almost sounds like its contrdicting itself... from not allowed to be their in ANY PORTION than such portion only devoted to alcoholic beverages...

so im wondering what is your take on the statuet

Offline myakka

• Survivalist Pro
  • PRBO2014
Re: Just wondering
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 08:35:11 AM »
It seems clear to me really.  Primarily devoted to drinking.... So not in the,bar section of chili's.  If the strip club has a bar along the wall maybe off limits, but tables right by the stage, I think your primary reason for being there is not a $15 cheeseburger or a $7 coke.

I guess the problem would be how Leo would define a plane's primary purpose.

Offline rice paddy daddy

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 10:27:15 AM »
My take, as a layman, would be a business whose primary occupation is to dispense alcohol, bar, strip club, etc is off limits even if they serve a little food on the side.
A restaurant that is in the business to sell food that also has a bar area would be OK, as long as you were not actually sitting at the bar consuming alcohol.

Now, here is a personal observation - I was part of a function that took place in the parking lot of our American Legion Post. A FHP officer was there as part of the function. I needed to use the rest room, approached the officer, told him that I needed to go inside the post, but because I was carrying and there is a bar in there, was there a problem? He said no, the Post bar is private and it was OK.

I think the law is a little vague to allow common sense interpretation.

Offline The Expendable

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Bread and Circuses
    • The Expendable
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 04:16:47 PM »
What I learned in my CCW class was that if more than 50% of an establishment's business is the sale of alcohol, you can not carry there.  Naturally you will have no way of knowing that, but if it is a restaurant that serves alcohol you're OK.  If it's a pub that serves food you're not.  No easy way to know for sure, so I always use my best judgement.  If I am unsure, I err on the side of not carrying or going someplace else.

As far as church goes, I know of no statute that would prohibit it.  I have carried in church, and know others who have.  The church can set their own rules, but other than that there's no problem.  Most churches I know of do not have any restriction posted.

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 07:48:16 PM »
thanks everybody for our opinions.. I'm also in the opinion that the majority of the restaurant business or bar if its liquor than your not supposed to carry.. i used the strip club as an example because it has both and their is'nt anyway to really set a definition to that type of location..
    so either way for me i just dont sit at the bar or drink while carrying at any establishment that serves.. it does seem to me their is a certain amount ambiguity here so interpretation is going to have to be on the common sense side...

Offline myakka

• Survivalist Pro
  • PRBO2014
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 08:30:51 PM »
I think it would be easier if we held church at the strip club.............   (sounds of crickets chirping)   guys?

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 08:39:56 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think it would be easier if we held church at the strip club.............   (sounds of crickets chirping)   guys?

Myakka i fell off my chair i was laughing so hard.... BUT i have to say the wife didnt like your humor she wasnt laughing..       ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

Offline SwampYankee85

• Orlando outskirts
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Carrying the fire
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 08:50:53 PM »
Business endeavor.  Just sayin. Be first bud, be first.

Offline myakka

• Survivalist Pro
  • PRBO2014
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 08:52:59 PM »

Myakka i fell off my chair i was laughing so hard.... BUT i have to say the wife didnt like your humor she wasnt laughing..       ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

Jesus dined with sinners......

Offline Capt Nat

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Apollo Beach Tampa Bay
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 06:56:04 AM »
and drank wine for breakfast....

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 09:26:24 AM »

Jesus dined with sinners......

yep he did but not while they were wiggling n giggling their UU's in front of him and he wasnt stuffing coins in between their UU's either...  LMBO    ^-^ ^-^

Tags:

Social Bookmarks