Author Topic: plan B  (Read 3039 times)

Offline The Expendable

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Bread and Circuses
    • The Expendable
Re: plan B
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2015, 04:41:27 PM »
I have been thinking about getting a sword for a long time.  My thing is that I want to get one that has something to do with my family's  heritage.  I would love to get a replica Confederate sword, or going further back, some sort of Scottish blade.  The only problem is that the only replica Confederate swords I see are geared toward reenactors, and are more form than function.

I took a fencing class a couple of months ago, and it was a workout.  I would suggest that you practice with whatever sword you have.  It's not as easy as it looks on TV, and rarely are your opponents going to be an unarmed watermelon.

Offline myakka

• Survivalist Pro
  • PRBO2014
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2015, 05:07:20 PM »
 practical swords of western styles

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 05:09:24 PM by RangerReid »

Offline myakka

• Survivalist Pro
  • PRBO2014
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2015, 05:32:53 PM »
Also.......  anything by Coldsteel is made to be used.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

search cold steel sword
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 05:34:37 PM by RangerReid »

Offline myakka

• Survivalist Pro
  • PRBO2014
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2015, 05:44:32 PM »
I have about 20 yrs of martial arts that includes a ton of weapons stuff.  I taught a Japanese fencing class for a long time.    I just found a school in St. Pete that I might make some visits to.

Offline SwampYankee85

• Orlando outskirts
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Carrying the fire
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2015, 04:12:22 PM »
I will second the cold steel statement!  For the longest time I thought price, and from buying cheap knives, that you had to spend some money to get a good blade. In that sense my Ontario SP-19 and my RTAK-II are awesome knives. I paid $65 for the SP and $105 for the RTAK. No complaints from me since I see those blades worth what I paid for them but there's just something about that $20 cold steel bushman... I can't break that damn thing.

I'll go ahead and admit that I treat the bushman like crap simply because it cost me 20 bucks. The SP has gotten the same treatment but I've shelved it as a backup while I mess with the RTAK so I really need to abuse my newer knife more. Cold steel boasts a pretty much no matter what lifetime warranty on their stuff. One thing that I was able to do to it was bend the blade. According to cold steel's warranty it was covered. What i did do was stick it back into the swamp cabbage I was trying to get at and bent it back close enough to straight for my liking. I've been beating on it for close to a year I think. Worth the cash if you ask me.

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2015, 07:26:32 PM »
iv got the Cold Steel Two-Handed Katana Machete and iv also seen a youtube on how to make the handle into a single had sword... but the katana works better as a two handed weapon... its just going to take alot of pratices on my part to get really proficient with it as a 2 handed weapon... but i do like the katana and like it was said earlier cold steel stuff is meant to be used..

Tags:

Social Bookmarks