Author Topic: Trade in That Dirty Ol' Cash for Gold and Silver  (Read 318 times)

Offline The Expendable

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Bread and Circuses
    • The Expendable
Trade in That Dirty Ol' Cash for Gold and Silver
« on: April 18, 2015, 04:18:25 PM »
Like most of you, I buy a little silver and gold.  Not as much as most of you, of course, because you know, I'm poor, and it sucks to be poor.  But I buy a little, and since I buy a little I end up on gold and silver mailing lists.  One of the companies I have bought from has a weekly podcast.  It's interesting to listen to, as long as you remember that tbey are really trying to sell you something.

One theme I hear in the podcast, as well as the commercials they play during conservative talk radio, is that fiat money like US dollars is depeciating fast, and will collapse soon.  They say that real money is gold and silver, and you really need gold and silver to protect your wealth once the dollar collapses.  OK then.

I agree that having gold and silver is a good idea.  I also agree that the dollar is going to collapse sooner or later.  What I don't understand is why the gold and silver sellers would be trying so hard to trade their precious metals for your worthless paper money if they really believe it will be worthless soon.  It just don't make no sense, y'all.

Offline Alas Babylon

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Narcoossee (Just south of Orlando)
Re: Trade in That Dirty Ol' Cash for Gold and Silver
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 05:09:11 PM »
That's a really good point. If the sellers really want to be rich, they would not accept good ole greenbacks (or numbers in a charge account).

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 01:24:00 PM »
that is a good point i wonder if they back there cash with something like investments an such because no matter the situation theirs always money to be made some how..... but for now the currency has value and until the paper collapses than im sure they have a back up plan... after all they are supposed to be economic gurus..  that would be an interesting question to ask one of those guys...

Offline fla_native

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • More irritating than a turd that wont flush
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 07:36:08 AM »
Heres an exercise for yall.....

Take some of your gold or silver to Publix and see if you can buy a loaf of bread with it. Let us know what happens.

Offline The Expendable

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Bread and Circuses
    • The Expendable
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 08:26:27 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Heres an exercise for yall.....

Take some of your gold or silver to Publix and see if you can buy a loaf of bread with it. Let us know what happens.

Which makes my point.  Paper money still has some value in tbe real world... for now.

Tags:

Social Bookmarks