Author Topic: IN the Dujmps today  (Read 1936 times)

Sentry

IN the Dujmps today
« on: May 08, 2015, 04:45:05 PM »
Yip airing a little dirty laundry..... Cause Im not talking to my wife right now.... Just because I dont know what or how to say anything so that she understands.

Little back story. She purchases a lot of meat from Zaycon cause its cheaper... Good to... She recently purchased some more. (A 7 Cubic foot freezer is packed with meat $$$)

So upon coming home last night, I suggested purchasing a Deep Cycle Battery to start the project of powering the freezer. This is a project we have discussed in the past, to include how it will work.
A little discussion occurs
Then she throws the typical woman at me....

Why?

Why what? I said.

Why make it so it runs without power? (Something to that effect)

So it runs when there is no power....

I'm not worried about the food in the freezer.

How much did the meat you just bought cost you?

$60 (which was hardly enough to fully fill it, but its packed. Not to mention we have meat in the fridge/ freezer)

You don't think that all the meat in the freezer cost enough money to save?

No.

That's when I just shut down......

Offline KODIAK

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
Re: IN the Dujmps today
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 08:24:14 PM »
Sounds about like a normal conversation... Give it a few days Try again Life is too short to let it get you down.

Offline myakka

• Survivalist Pro
  • PRBO2014
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 08:28:22 PM »
I had a similar answer.

We had a tense conversation last night in reference to our son's job.   Dad had advice that no one wanted on multiple discussions/  My wife and son are carbon copies/ clones.  So they get like minded and shoot down old Dad's thoughts, now that he is in a jam, it is "dad, fix this."   I rolled my eyes.

Wife confronted me about rolling my eyes, so I explained my point of view......................

I have a theory.    A marriage can not survive without open honest discourse.   
And a marriage can not survive with too much open honest discourse.

I am still figuring out the correct balance.

Offline -> Bear

• They got us surrounded, those poor souls ;)
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Fed coats are coming! The fed coats are coming!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 10:25:09 PM »
Men are from mars in Greek mythology I think  mars was the war "god" women are from Venus & thats  the goddess of love, sex, beauty, and fertility... We are different. Imo men get upset an easier to be frustrated, or fight. ImO walking away till another day is a good option. Silence is also golden, giving women there silent treatment an avoidance annoys them. An they start bugging out happens sometime for me...

Offline Crash_Maxim

• N4TAQ
  • Survivalist Full Member
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 10:40:53 PM »
While my significant other is not active in my prepping project, she does support my efforts with a cheerful demeanor. I have educated her in the use of firearms and she is very comfortable with any caliber up to .357 magnum. Not so much into camping lately but I am working on bringing her back into the fold. At 96 pounds and 50 some odd years old, after 36 years I love her more today than the day I met her. Taking lust out of the equation really lets you find out exactly how much you have in common. So I think perhaps she is beginning to get on board with my worries and fears for our future and our childrens and grandchildrens...and prepping for an unknown future.

Offline pappa44

• Son of the SOUTH
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Sr. Member
  • TCB - FTW
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 07:20:37 AM »

Ya just gota work around things.Go out and get the battery setup,bring it home.Walk in and go straight to your project aka:freezer running current.Now when the wife/SO comes in and ask,What are you doing?You look her Straight in the Eye and say,Honey I'm hooking up the battery system we talked about.Then say No More,put your Focus back on the job at hand.You got a better than 50/50 chance she will walk away thinking she had just forgotten the conversation.   

Sentry

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 07:58:35 AM »
well we talked about it again last night after she brought it up. Not sure she understands why, but she now understands how it works and what well need. Well I think sh does, just cause she was looking at me doesn't mean anything

Offline SwampYankee85

• Orlando outskirts
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Carrying the fire
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 09:46:54 AM »
Yup. Happens to us all sooner or later. Depending on what it is sometimes I just get it and deal with the aftermath when she notices we have it. Gotta be careful when applying that technique though...

Sentry

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2015, 10:25:45 AM »
Ive never worried about doing something... That goes how it goes... Anything expensive I tell her about and well decide if were going to do it. My problem here was the Dumb Blonde look I got when it came to saving the investment of meat. Especially when she is typically very money conscious.

Offline Alas Babylon

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Narcoossee (Just south of Orlando)
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2015, 10:37:56 AM »
I think we can all relate!  well, not me, because my wife is completely submissive to every request I make, and goes along with everything.  (Just don't tell her I said that!)

Like swamp said, I generally operate in a "better to ask forgiveness than permission" mode.  Most of the time I just do my projects and she does not even notice, until the time comes when my little projects become useful.

Offline Capt Nat

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Apollo Beach Tampa Bay
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2015, 10:54:48 AM »
This battery backup system could surely be used for other things.  She might agree if it was about backup power source instead of just the freezer.

I've learned to just admit that I am wrong, back off, and come at it later from a different tack...

It's easier right after she gets something she wants...

Offline minitruck83

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Sr. Member
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2015, 12:29:34 PM »
Women do not want to hear your opinions, or solutions... they mostly just want to vent and hear maybe hear sympathy from you after the rant is over.  'over' very important! 

"that's terrible"  or "hmmmmmm" works for me most times. (after silently listening for an hour or so)

There's a reason it's pronounced 'whoa-man'.

Or is that woe-man? 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 12:38:21 PM by minitruck83 »

Offline RunningFireDrill

• Survivalist Full Member
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2015, 01:05:18 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

There's a reason it's pronounced 'whoa-man'.

Or is that woe-man?

If you asked my ex, it's probably *&^%$*& woman>  ::dm

Offline Capt Nat

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Apollo Beach Tampa Bay
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2015, 08:57:17 AM »
I'm still trying to work out what Dujumps are.

One source seems to indicate that they are some kind of exercise that Seal Team Six does while another source suggests that they are a purple flower that blooms in the early spring....

I don't really know what either of these would have to do with pissed off women which is something that I know quite a bit about...

Offline -> Bear

• They got us surrounded, those poor souls ;)
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Fed coats are coming! The fed coats are coming!
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2015, 03:54:38 PM »
How's it going Sentry?
  RfD thats your Ex, some men I know would not say *&^%$*& woman.
     More like Yes Dear, or something else instead of *&^%$*& woman to there face.
Some have like me would not use foul language to others as there to be an extension of sorts. Some have if they have a very submissive partner.
 One young guy I worked with had low morals or respect. Said his D ### ol lady will be at home waiting on him with his f!!! Supper or Else.
    An he was young 20s with a girlfriend about his age. I tried to talk with him to no avail.
I have got upset with my wife but I could not bash her to others, or express some feelings I may regret later to her face.
  Best to cool off some.

Tags:

Social Bookmarks