Author Topic: "Common Soldier"  (Read 1114 times)

Offline -> Bear

• They got us surrounded, those poor souls ;)
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Fed coats are coming! The fed coats are coming!
Re: "Common Soldier"
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2015, 10:02:01 AM »
It makes me feel good to surprise some older veterans. I have a lean wallet, who dont. An I see there hat or pin, a patch. Some shone WW2, Korea, Vietnam... An I pay for there meal at the restaurant im visiting. Sometimes the waitress will say something when there tickets due, an I see there reaction.
 As mentioned earlier, public supporters on certain days, mostly with holidays involved. Not much individual support imo. But there is distrust with the federal government (including soldiers, local police). An Sometimes imo they listened to the officers an not trust us by "blending in". .  July 4th is over. Where has been the support? The patriotic music? The numerous flags? The "love of county an fellow man"?

Offline Chris Burchfield

• Survivalist Pro
Re: "Common Soldier"
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2015, 07:16:36 PM »
I was too young for Vietnam and to old for other conflicts the U.S. was involved in.  God bless all that have given all, served in the past or current.  My prayers to and four the four Marines and their families and service members who worked with them, who died in Chattanooga.  Today, I wrote my congressman and senator for my district and state, asking them to repeal a 1992 law that prohibited service members from being armed at work.  A lot of things have changed in the U.S.A. since that law was instituted in 1992.  The threats are much greater.  The bad guys show up and it's like they are hunting in a baited field.  One state senator here in Tennessee will submit a bill to repeal the 1992 law on Monday.  Obama brags of having a pen, he needs to use it as soon as the bill is pass by both house and senate.

Tags:

Social Bookmarks