Currently:
  • Fear the Walking Dead 5 1

Author Topic: Fear the Walking Dead  (Read 1509 times)

Offline myakka

• Survivalist Pro
  • PRBO2014
Re: Fear the Walking Dead
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2015, 10:48:14 AM »
I started off enjoying twd, but lost interest eventually.   Dont feel too compelled to start the new version.

Offline Wrenchbender

• Survivalist Pro
  • Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid.
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2015, 12:47:08 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Its only kinda slow because we know what's going on. They don't have all the info.  We would be the same in that scenario. Its like the discussion we have had before on how do you know when its all going bad?  Power goes out, so you immediately kill anyone on your land?  It would take a while (or a major personal event) to realize that society has completely disintegrated. 
These characters still think the gov is going to get it under control, that rule of law is still in effect.  That wont last long, but I find it interesting to watch the transition.

On a side note, I watched some of season one of Walking Dead. Wow they were so young and clean.

Um, THIS group?  On THIS forum?  I don't think so.  Most of us would have bugged out long before the National Guard got on scene and the rest would have left soon after.  The people in this show are sheeple...

Offline The Expendable

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Bread and Circuses
    • The Expendable
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2015, 12:59:56 PM »
Its only kinda slow because we know what's going on. They don't have all the info.  We would be the same in that scenario. Its like the discussion we have had before on how do you know when its all going bad?  Power goes out, so you immediately kill anyone on your land?  It would take a while (or a major personal event) to realize that society has completely disintegrated. 
These characters still think the gov is going to get it under control, that rule of law is still in effect.  That wont last long, but I find it interesting to watch the transition.

On a side note, I watched some of season one of Walking Dead. Wow they were so young and clean.

Um, THIS group?  On THIS forum?  I don't think so.  Most of us would have bugged out long before the National Guard got on scene and the rest would have left soon after.  The people in this show are sheeple...

True.  I thought the same thing, but the main guy (forgot his name) is starting to wake up.

Offline KODIAK

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2015, 01:19:08 PM »
I kind of like the old guy. Yea, He is a torturer, but, If you took my wife, I would probably do worse.
My wife wants the walkers/infected to get him..... I think he will be around for a while.

Offline Alas Babylon

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Narcoossee (Just south of Orlando)
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2015, 08:30:22 AM »
I did not mean to imply we would be sheeple. I meant that without information, it may take some time to make the jump to the world has ended. How do you know when its time to run?
When the first person has top be shot in the head to die? When the power goes out? When the national guard takes over?
 For these tv people, they are not as "aware" as we might be.  This forum would probably have already made some conclusions and taken action.  Realistically I bet even a lot of preppers would be slow to bug out without a clear indication that rule of law is gone.

Offline Fred8328

• Survivalist Pro
  • Happy
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2015, 02:13:08 PM »

True.  I thought the same thing, but the main guy (forgot his name) is starting to wake up.

Exactly... I think the old guy who lost his wife is about to become the sleeping tiger that woke up and is hungry...

Offline RunningFireDrill

• Survivalist Full Member
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2015, 02:10:17 PM »
i watched sunday and i dont get it. how long do they think they can survive on a boat in the middle of the water? the plot felt like they were just getting on the boat, resources would run out right?

Offline Capt Nat

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Apollo Beach Tampa Bay
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2015, 07:25:52 PM »
A boat that size would have a water maker for converting sea water and would work until diesel fuel ran out.  Besides stored food, they may be successful fishing, etc.  Security wise it would be easy to defend and mobile so they could travel to maybe an unaffected area.

On the down side, with the world going down, weather forecasting will become a thing of the past and will become their greatest danger.  They are quite likely to encounter hostility everywhere they attempt to land.  And they will run out of fuel and then they are trapped...

These are just some of the thoughts and ramblings of a crazy old sailor...

Offline KODIAK

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2015, 07:29:21 PM »
I think the guy who owns the house and boat will have more surprises. He did say he was "prepared".

Offline Toxoph

• Survivalist Pro
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2015, 08:08:09 AM »
I think the guy who owns the house and boat will have more surprises. He did say he was "prepared".

True, on talking dead, they did say they would have problems just getting to the boat. If there are crew already onboard, that could be an issue.

Offline Alas Babylon

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Narcoossee (Just south of Orlando)
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2015, 08:30:03 AM »
They will get on the boat and head north, to Washington State area, then get off the boat and survive in the Pacific Northwest, because filming is cheaper in Vancouver!

Offline Fred8328

• Survivalist Pro
  • Happy
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2015, 10:01:04 AM »

I agree with that, I'm waiting to see if they pop up in some remote BOL with like just a few Z's to fight off.

Offline The Expendable

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Bread and Circuses
    • The Expendable
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2015, 06:27:00 PM »
They will get on the boat and head north, to Washington State area, then get off the boat and survive in the Pacific Northwest, because filming is cheaper in Vancouver!

I guess that explains why there are so many zombies on the west coast...  :-X

Offline RunningFireDrill

• Survivalist Full Member
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2015, 08:52:52 AM »
i saw the walking dead last night for the first time; such a good show. i like the lady running the show at the community. her man dying just made her one bad chick. i bet she is gonna be good.

Offline Capt Nat

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Apollo Beach Tampa Bay
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2015, 10:46:56 PM »
i saw the walking dead last night for the first time; such a good show. i like the lady running the show at the community. her man dying just made her one bad chick. i bet she is gonna be good.

Welcome Aboard!

Tags:

Social Bookmarks