Author Topic: Earthquake off the East Coast of Florida.  (Read 247 times)

Offline catfishn

• Survivalist Pro
Earthquake off the East Coast of Florida.
« on: July 17, 2016, 09:21:47 AM »
Kind of surprised this happened here.  Is this one of the scenarios  you've planned for?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Alas Babylon

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Narcoossee (Just south of Orlando)
Re: Earthquake off the East Coast of Florida.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 06:22:27 PM »
I saw this on the news. Said one happened off saint Augustine a month ago as well.

Offline catfishn

• Survivalist Pro
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 07:30:13 PM »
I had not heard about the previous one.  I guess, between sink holes, hurricanes, etc, earthquakes are not exactly something we expect here in Florida.

ptajay

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 06:34:11 PM »
They've happened in Florida but not very often.  Inland records was around 1800's maybe more since then but last time I looked up that was a date I remembered.

Offline Alas Babylon

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 07:52:54 AM »
I heard a news story on the radio this morning that said the navy  stated they were conducting "tests", and it was not an earthquake, and the USGS has removed the incident from its list of earthquakes.  I'll search for an internet link.

Offline Alas Babylon

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 07:55:20 AM »
Found plenty of reports. Here's one:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

An apparent 3.7 magnitude earthquake off the coast of Florida was likely triggered by a man-made explosion to test the seaworthiness of a new U.S. Navy vessel.

Seismographs detected the earthquake Saturday afternoon about 168 nautical miles northeast of Daytona Beach Shores.

The Daytona Beach News-Journal reports a similar 3.7 magnitude ``earthquake'' on June 10 off of Ormond-by-the-Sea happened about the same time the Navy reported conducting a shock trial on the USS Jackson for testing. The Navy notified the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's National Marine Fisheries Service that another shock trial would be conducted between July 16 and July 20.

The Navy's Sea System Command spokesman Dale Eng tells the newspaper the Navy is working on a statement to release this week.

Tags:

Social Bookmarks