Author Topic: Looking For Land  (Read 684 times)

Offline wanderingfreeman

• Survivalist Full Member
Looking For Land
« on: November 26, 2017, 05:04:00 PM »
Can anybody tell me about Levy County as a location for sustainable living? Do they require electrical hook-ups or can I go all solar? What about water? Are cisterns and a well ok? or do I have to hook-up to city water? What about chickens, rabbits and pygmy goats? any issues? The land prices seem reasonable and the population of the county is low and politically it seems reliably conservative. Anybody actually there that can give me the scoop? Thanks in advance.

Offline gophfer

• Political Prepper
Re: Looking For Land
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 05:35:41 PM »
Don't know about the electricity but if you live outside city limits the rest should be OK. I live in nearby Gilchrist and am on well have chickens and could have goats if I wanted.

Offline wanderingfreeman

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 07:20:24 PM »
Thanks Gopher.

Offline Floridaclipper

• Survivalist Pro
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 01:18:20 PM »
I'm nearby in Marion. It's probably location specific ie outside of the city limits. I've met many that live in that area. They raise the animals you mentioned as well as others, had a large radio tower and a solar set up. I'm not sure about the well but most probably that's permitted as well depending on location. You'll need to ask when you narrow down your choices.

Offline -> Bear

• They got us surrounded, those poor souls ;)
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Fed coats are coming! The fed coats are coming!
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 10:18:27 AM »
I wish I had a had pump well.
   If I had that I'd do alright.
I recommend that and living in the country.
  Alachua county area around me has, I seen, few water sources.
Gainesville was at one time known as Hog Town. Indians spent I hear most time in a few areas, a spring area near Glen springs now owned in  by a "lodge", and 2 small Pond/ Lake areas. That's why Gainesville wasn't founded until around the civil war. And Alachua County in general wasn't very populated early on,
Water.

Tags:

Social Bookmarks