Author Topic: Question I have. Where the Hell are you going to go?!?  (Read 9506 times)

RjSteed

Re: Question I have. Where the Hell are you going to go?!?
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2011, 11:52:57 PM »
This thread has gotten WAY off topic... And I believe is headed towards discussions which would be better taken or kept in the Netoworking forum (for OPSEC's sake)

None the less.... FLPrepper

Dude there is no need to go into the #10 can stuff to start... THere is no need to get all extravegent in your preps...
#1 is food..
#2 is water

Have those you can survive...

#3 if interested in a group/ MAG or what ever you want to call it... Get involved with a couple of people you think you like, show up for stuff... If people see you are trying, they will take you under their wing. Should something happen and you have to Bug Out to thier location, they will take you in...

I have always said, show up at my door with next to nothing because you couldnt bother to try. I will not let you in... Show up at my door with what you were able to do... Ill take you in...

Kodiak,

You are not an outsider.. I dont know where you got that Idea... You have shown up... Your getting started...

Offline The Expendable

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Bread and Circuses
    • The Expendable
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2011, 12:05:53 AM »
I think you can read the posts of members of this forum and get a pretty good idea of who is making an effort.  I mean, sure, you could fall for some BS too, but generally you can tell who is making the effort.  And like others have said, I feel that attitude counts for a lot.  I know it would count a lot with me.  I'd personally rather team up with someone who is less prepped but has a good attitude and is trying their best, than someone who has a huge stockpile but a bad attitude.

Willie51

« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2011, 12:37:06 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Chief, will you stop making fun of my Jansport bag and wallymart camping gear?   ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

::dk

Don't laugh, but those are what I used to make the "get home packs" that I put in the kids' cars.

I'm having some fun, but not laughing too much.  I still use them for the same thing.  Just gave another on to my son in West Palm Beach for his fiance'. 

Offline The Expendable

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Bread and Circuses
    • The Expendable
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2011, 01:17:08 AM »
Chief, will you stop making fun of my Jansport bag and wallymart camping gear?   ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

Don't laugh, but those are what I used to make the "get home packs" that I put in the kids' cars.

I'm having some fun, but not laughing too much.  I still use them for the same thing.  Just gave another on to my son in West Palm Beach for his fiance'. 

Hey, they do what they are supposed to do, but for a cheap price.  When you have four or five cars to equip, I'm all about saving money.  You can still make it home, you just don't look as... umm, what is that word that delta uses... Oh yeah, "tacticool".

Offline delta69alpha

• Survivalist Pro
  • Making the PAW prepper safe
    • PAW productions
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2011, 06:01:44 AM »

Hey, they do what they are supposed to do, but for a cheap price.  When you have four or five cars to equip, I'm all about saving money.  You can still make it home, you just don't look as... umm, what is that word that delta uses... Oh yeah, "tacticool".

my spare truck kit is in a ubertacticool all ninja black jansport pack.. :P.....my med alice wont fit under the rear seats and i aint leaving my good ruck(s) in there LOL...its a back up anyway as i carry my GHB in and out of the truck as i go. The kit is there for whoever is driving at the time (wife,me,passengers etc).
why drop extra $$ into some POS lapg or condor ruck to just sit in the truck, when that $ canbe put into other prep items,.

Offline Petlover

• Survivalist Pro
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2011, 10:29:05 AM »
Well shit fire and save the matches! Y'all have gotten me to thinking again! (that can be mighty scary folks)  :o

Thankfully, I am the type that isn't afraid to change my mind and admit I could have been wrong about something. I came on here to learn, and I sure haven't been disappointed. (thanks y'all)

My first thoughts were to bug in where we are. My Tinkerman has been wanting to build a BOV from day one. My thoughts were WHERE THE HELL ARE WE GONNA GO?  We don't know anyone that is any better off than we are. (location)

Next thought, well maybe we can meet people on here that we could work with. Again though, location.  How do we get to them?  visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

We are getting ready to meet a couple of people on here. Unfortunately, we are so far apart, we most likely won't be able to help each other when SHTF. But the friendship will be priceless. 

Offline The Expendable

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Bread and Circuses
    • The Expendable
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2011, 11:33:05 PM »
Well shit fire and save the matches! Y'all have gotten me to thinking again! (that can be mighty scary folks)  :o

Thankfully, I am the type that isn't afraid to change my mind and admit I could have been wrong about something. I came on here to learn, and I sure haven't been disappointed. (thanks y'all)

My first thoughts were to bug in where we are. My Tinkerman has been wanting to build a BOV from day one. My thoughts were WHERE THE HELL ARE WE GONNA GO?  We don't know anyone that is any better off than we are. (location)

Next thought, well maybe we can meet people on here that we could work with. Again though, location.  How do we get to them?  visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

We are getting ready to meet a couple of people on here. Unfortunately, we are so far apart, we most likely won't be able to help each other when SHTF. But the friendship will be priceless. 

I know, off topic, but thanks for finally changing your avatar!  Now we can tell you apart from your Kitty Katt friend!   ;D

Offline Petlover

• Survivalist Pro
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2011, 11:56:02 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

It was getting to me too. I kept saying to myself, "Self I don't remember posing that!"  visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Crash_Maxim

• N4TAQ
  • Survivalist Full Member
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2014, 09:27:26 PM »
Willie,

It is not that I am unwilling to participate, I am a member of a non-prepper MAG for 29 years now, as I am always available should someone need help. And it's not that I don't have any skills to offer, as I know that I have several, it is that the skills I do have would not offset my biggest liability, my lack of preps. Any MAG that I would join would have to understand that I do not have food stuffs to "bring to the table." Some of my skills include Army basic training, EMT school, LEO academy, auto repair (but not computer controlled autos), very basic electronics/HAM radio, basic gunsmithing and reloading, carpentry, some plumbing, camping, compass navigation/map reading, and how to take a thriving green plant and kill it in as little as five days (my dad had the green thumb, mine is brown).

How about being part of my MAG? I consider the ability to be another set of eyes so I can get some sleep to be an asset. Your in place skillsets (carpentry, ham radio (I am also a ham), EMT...all of these skills could be utilized in a group). Can't stay awake 24/7.
As I said, it is not that I will not/do not want to join a Preppervilvalist(TM The Expendable) MAG, it is just that reality tells me that most (I want to say all) would not want the burden of trying to feed someone that only has skills that probably are already present within such a MAG. Honestly, how many of you out there that are currently in a MAG would want someone as described joining your MAG? I am a realist and understand that people live in the real world and cannot afford to be welfare for every lost soul after the SHTF. But hey, if someone wants to prove me wrong, tell my where to sign up!! ;D

FLPrepper

Offline delta69alpha

• Survivalist Pro
  • Making the PAW prepper safe
    • PAW productions
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2014, 06:28:37 AM »
If. You can drop money into cars....guns....gear....etc. you can store food.
Its that simple. Skills don't mean Jack....they help but honestly id rather have someone who is willing to try vs not no matter thirty skill level. Your a navy seal recon ninja ranger wow cool but if you wont take the responsibility to store food for you and yours or do work with in the group your useless.
Not aimed at anyone...just think about it.

Oh and I've already bugged out any you non prepared types try and camp out in my al ill sling poop at ya like an angry monkey ....

Offline myakka

• Survivalist Pro
  • PRBO2014
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2014, 07:56:50 AM »
Skills don't mean Jack....they help but honestly id rather have someone who is willing to try vs not no matter thirty skill level. Your a navy seal recon ninja ranger wow cool but if you wont take the responsibility to store food for you and yours or do work with in the group your useless.

I understand your point.  And I agree that part of committing to being prepared includes gathering and storing what you can.  But I would rather have a farmer, who knows how to clean a hog, mend a fence etc, than that navy recon ninja who owns 35 rifles and 200 MRE's but doesn't know how to dig up a tater.     At least my farmer is USED to the hard work that comes with living off the land.

That's why my slogan is   "skills beat stuff"     I don't mean specifically those ninja sniper skills that most folks brag about.  I mean it isn't enough for you to buy your way to being prepared with me.  Put the hard work in and prepare YOURSELF too.

After all, if you do get separated from all your stashed goodies, the only thing you will have left will be your knowledge. 

Not arguing, but clarifying what I believe.

Offline -> Bear

• They got us surrounded, those poor souls ;)
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Fed coats are coming! The fed coats are coming!
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2014, 10:04:20 AM »
Intriguing, comments.
 I wish to stay "here" BuT if I must I will aim to go on a recovery mission, (get someone I know close by, or grab something quickly) or if it comes to it regress to a family members home. It may be almost a 15min ride or 30-40 min hike. My place is "good" an I hope I am able to hold out here .... if I need to regroup there's enough areas to do so here an in the area..and I wouldn't want to but im sure I would be welcome back to Ohio at a few places.

Offline SwampYankee85

• Orlando outskirts
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Carrying the fire
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2014, 12:05:01 AM »
Im on that page of the book right now. Basically deciding on whether or not to stay in Florida. I can get a job in my current field pretty much anywhere but i don't know where id want to go yet. However where i do end up will essentially be my "BOL". The hunt continues... any suggestions?

Offline myakka

• Survivalist Pro
  • PRBO2014
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2014, 08:25:07 AM »
I might have a contact very high up in Tennessee.....  if that helps.

Offline SwampYankee85

• Orlando outskirts
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Carrying the fire
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2014, 11:13:53 PM »
Totally open to suggestions. 

Tags:

Social Bookmarks