Author Topic: Homosexual Preppers  (Read 12308 times)

Offline The Expendable

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Bread and Circuses
    • The Expendable
Homosexual Preppers
« on: September 06, 2011, 06:45:09 PM »
Well, I am going to go out on a limb here and admit something to you all... Before I say this let me preface it by saying I am married with children, I am at least as conservative as most of you, and I am a life-long Republican, except for my first two years as a registered voter, when I was young, rebellious and stupid and registered Democrat.

OK, here's my admission... I don't care one bit if someone is a homosexual.  It doesn't affect me and it doesn't bother me in the slightest.  Would I go camping with a homosexual?  Sure I would.  It wouldn't bother me at all.  Do I welcome homosexuals to this forum to talk about prepping?  Of course I do!

I say all of this because there have been a few comments made lately on the forum about homosexuals.  I know that most of them are in jest, and I do not want to be a buzzkill (this time). 

Now, do I approve of "Gay Days" at Disney World?  No, for the same reason I do not approve of the Latin Emmy Awards or the United Negro College Fund.  But would I go to Disney World with gay friends?  Yep.

And now for the obligatory "some of my best friends are gay" statement... well, it's true.  I do have some gay friends.  But I will tell you something even more shocking...

Some of my best friends are... DEMOCRATS!  :o

boon1957

Re: Homosexual Preppers
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 07:42:27 PM »
I know and respect a number of Gay men and women, When SHTF happens I would be proud to have them on my team, But I dispise Democrats, They are an abomination. ^-^

Offline The Expendable

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Bread and Circuses
    • The Expendable
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 07:47:47 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
... But I dispise Democrats, They are an abomination. ^-^

I think it actually says that in the Bible.  JUST KIDDING, ALL YOU DEMOCRATS!  I love ya, really!   ;D

Offline Petlover

• Survivalist Pro
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 08:04:19 PM »
Ex, you are absolutely right, and I am ashamed of myself for calling the woman a HeShe. I was just grossed out my the canned meat. 

I too have friends that are gay, and I HAVE camped with them.  I also have a nephew that is gay, and I have spent the night at his house, and he and his partner at mine. Did I trust them with my kids when they were little?  Of course. They aren't child molesters!!!

For those of you that think gays CHOOSE to be gay, THINK ABOUT THAT!  Who would want to live such a hard life with people like you in it!? Why do you think so many try to "pass"?  Because its easier.  Even if they are miserable

Offline The Expendable

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Bread and Circuses
    • The Expendable
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 08:09:13 PM »
Ex, you are absolutely right, and I am ashamed of myself for calling the woman a HeShe. I was just grossed out my the canned meat. 

I too have friends that are gay, and I HAVE camped with them.  I also have a nephew that is gay, and I have spent the night at his house, and he and his partner at mine. Did I trust them with my kids when they were little?  Of course. They aren't child molesters!!!

For those of you that think gays CHOOSE to be gay, THINK ABOUT THAT!  Who would want to live such a hard life with people like you in it!? Why do you think so many try to "pass"?  Because its easier.  Even if they are miserable

I didn't post this to make anyone feel ashamed.  I make a few questionable comments from time to time... believe it or not ;) ... but most gay people I have known make the same jokes.  I dunno, if there are any gay preppers out there I would not want them to feel excluded from this great resource of information we have here.  I know some people will disagree with me on this, because of religious ideology or whatever, and that's fine too.  I am not trying to change anyone's mind here.  I was just speaking for myself.

Offline Bumbury

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 08:12:26 PM »
i really dont think that the comments here about peoples sexuality were or have i read them to be deragatorry... to me everybody here for everything gets bashed the same..... OP's did i say that.... i mean everybody is always respectful here... :-\......    ddd

boon1957

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 08:17:54 PM »
I used to be the disginated streight guy for a group of gay military women. I got to go to all the dinning out dinners and the parties later. I had the best times of my life whith those girls. And it helped my rep to no end to be seen everynight with a different woman, plus to fool the people who let their curisity get the better of them the girls would sleep on my couch and some times their girlfriend would come over and I would sleep on the couch, you ought to have seen the looks I got from the guys when I was seen kissing two women goodbye on the front steps of my quarters at 6 AM ;D

Offline mmgoose

• Survivalist Pro
  • SHUT UP AND SHOOT
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 08:29:50 PM »
Well, I had to think about this. To me personally i really do not want to be around them. I feel it is just not right. I know they have the RIGHT to be anything they want to be and I have the right not to like it. Call me closed minded, old fashioned or whatever, but it ain't right.

Now in a SHTF situation I would judge it on a case by case basis.

Offline Slug-gun Hunter

• Survivalist Pro
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 09:16:52 PM »
Would I go camping with a homosexual? 
Sure I would.

You obviously missed the main- "point"
behind Deliverance^-^

Offline IDTANDY

• Survivalist Pro
  • Watch one,Do one,Teach one
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 09:19:29 PM »

I used to be the disginated streight guy for a group of gay military women. I got to go to all the dinning out dinners and the parties later. I had the best times of my life whith those girls. And it helped my rep to no end to be seen everynight with a different woman, plus to fool the people who let their curisity get the better of them the girls would sleep on my couch and some times their girlfriend would come over and I would sleep on the couch, you ought to have seen the looks I got from the guys when I was seen kissing two women goodbye on the front steps of my quarters at 6 AM ;D

Been there done that. ;D
Best waist gunner I ever served with and trusted with my life to was Gay , this was back in the mid 60's.Never had a problem, good man to have your back. ^-^

Offline The Expendable

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Bread and Circuses
    • The Expendable
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 09:28:10 PM »
Would I go camping with a homosexual? 
Sure I would.

You obviously missed the main- "point"
behind Deliverance^-^

"Thisun's got a real purty mouth.  SQUEAL LIKE A PIGGY!"

Offline Petlover

• Survivalist Pro
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 09:32:17 PM »

I didn't post this to make anyone feel ashamed.  I make a few questionable comments from time to time... believe it or not ;) ... but most gay people I have known make the same jokes.  I dunno, if there are any gay preppers out there I would not want them to feel excluded from this great resource of information we have here.  I know some people will disagree with me on this, because of religious ideology or whatever, and that's fine too.  I am not trying to change anyone's mind here.  I was just speaking for myself.

Well I am ashamed of myself because I don't like it when others make fun of ANYBODY for ANY reason. Oh, I don't mean just poke fun, I can take that.  Its the ones that think they are better than everyone else because....yada yada...
As for the religious... stepping away from that one too. I have my beliefs, and everyone else is welcome to theirs, just don't push it on me, and I will not push mine on them. So yeah, I guess I am just speaking for myself too. I have people in my life that feel totally different than I do.  We just avoid that topic, real simple.  :D

Offline Evolver

• Survivalist Pro
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 09:39:03 PM »
 For years I have been anti gay to the point of being called Homophobic and I was proud of it! Ten years ago I even call up a local radio station and put my two cents in after they were talking about being gay was OK, Well it was on air...  I had my 15 sec of fame... or should I say 20mins  :-[  The point that I was trying to make was. If you are gay you are. But don't push it on to our kids as if it's a "TRENDY" thing to do and just keep it in the closet. Then I started to get into the the propagation aspect and things turned... as in turn off!  ;)  

I take a different stand on it now and I'm more tolerant and I now lean toward what The Expendable is saying. Will I watch Broke Back Mountain? Not HELL NO but... just no thanks.  ;)

Offline Petlover

• Survivalist Pro
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 09:44:51 PM »
Tinkerman still wants to kick my butt for tricking him in to watching Broke Back Mountain. I think it is a good chick flick, but there were parts I wish I hadn't seen.  I don't need details, I just believe in live and let live.

Offline Tinkerman

• Survivalist Full Member
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 10:02:45 PM »
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 04:14:55 PM by Tinkerman »

Tags:

Social Bookmarks