Author Topic: New (old) ZASV  (Read 1487 times)

Offline mmgoose

• Survivalist Pro
  • SHUT UP AND SHOOT
New (old) ZASV
« on: August 13, 2012, 10:35:45 AM »
Well my best friend is moving to China for work and left me a 1984 VW Rabbit Diesel. The motor has less than 60k on it. I have been wanting a older diesel for a long time. This thing will run on just about anything and at about 43 mpg you can go a long way on a tank of fuel.

It has been dubbed "The Zombie Apocalypse Support Vehicle"

I will be digging into biodiesel and other fuels to run this thing as cheap as possible.

If you have any ideas just shout them out.   

Offline FLPrepper

• Survivalist Pro
  • Daytona Beach
Re: New (old) ZASV
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 10:51:24 AM »
Those VW's can run on used straight fryer oil(called WVO or waste vegetable oil), just filter it and dump it in the tank. In Florida, you will only need the fuel filter and fuel line heaters for about 6 weeks a year. I have a friend that has been running a Westy this way for about 10 years now. He says he ran it for about two years without the heaters simply by mixing 50% diesel to 50% WVO when the temperature dropped below the 60's. He added the heaters because he wanted to run straight WVO, which he gets for free.

FLPrepper

ETA: Defined WVO
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 10:53:13 AM by FLPrepper »

Offline BTP

• Green Libertarian
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 10:51:32 AM »
Make friends with your local Chick-Fil-A manager or owner.  They change their fry oil more frequently than other restaurants so you get better starting base with less residual crap to deal with.  Good luck with the little smoke puffer!

Offline Capt Nat

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Apollo Beach Tampa Bay
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 11:09:57 AM »
Haha!!!   What a fun project, they look the part too.     Keep us informed on your progress!

Offline siege571

• Pasty-white Scot-Irish girl
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Ready for the Zombie Apocalypse
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 11:12:38 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Well my best friend is moving to China for work and left me a 1984 VW Rabbit Diesel. The motor has less than 60k on it. I have been wanting a older diesel for a long time. This thing will run on just about anything and at about 43 mpg you can go a long way on a tank of fuel.

It has been dubbed "The Zombie Apocalypse Support Vehicle"

I will be digging into biodiesel and other fuels to run this thing as cheap as possible.

If you have any ideas just shout them out.   

Sweet!  :D

I posted a couple downloads--one is on biodiesel and the other is on making a biodiesel processor.

On the other hand--your best friend is leaving for China!  :( :( :( Sorry to hear it.

Offline siege571

• Pasty-white Scot-Irish girl
  • Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Ready for the Zombie Apocalypse
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 11:19:51 AM »
So I'm thinking ZASV could also stand for "Zombie Apocalypse STRIKE Vehicle," too. Either way, it should be camouflaged accordingly.

I'm thinking lots of blood spatters, things that look like brain matter, bones, eye balls, and general gore would work. Maybe a leg sticking out of the grill, pieces of clothing stuck into cracks. That sort of thing.

You're going to have some righteous firepower sticking out the top, right?

Offline FLPrepper

• Survivalist Pro
  • Daytona Beach
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 11:32:23 AM »
Here's Gooses ZASV after chopping of the top and fitting an M1919 .30 cal. ala "Rat Patrol"

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

FLPrepper

Offline mmgoose

• Survivalist Pro
  • SHUT UP AND SHOOT
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 11:35:08 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So I'm thinking ZASV could also stand for "Zombie Apocalypse STRIKE Vehicle," too. Either way, it should be camouflaged accordingly.

I'm thinking lots of blood spatters, things that look like brain matter, bones, eye balls, and general gore would work. Maybe a leg sticking out of the grill, pieces of clothing stuck into cracks. That sort of thing.

You're going to have some righteous firepower sticking out the top, right?

I have other "Strike" vehicles. This one is too small but it can haul Beans, Bullets & Bandages. 

Sentry

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 12:53:23 PM »
Multicam would look slick on that

Tags:

Social Bookmarks