Author Topic: Escape Plan  (Read 1987 times)

Offline The Expendable

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Bread and Circuses
    • The Expendable
Escape Plan
« on: September 22, 2012, 09:48:58 PM »
For those that don't know, Neal Boortz is a nationally syndicated talk radio host.  I have listened to him for years, and really like his show.  He is a Libertarian, and actually is the one who introduced me to Libertarian ideals.  A few months ago he announced that he will be retiring from radio next January, on the day after inauguration day.  He has always spoken his mind, and never been known to be politically correct, but now with his retirement coming up, he has been even more "direct" in some of his comments.  As he says, "what are they going to do, fire me?"

In the last couple of years I have heard him talking about the importance of having an "escape plan".  He never really elaborated on what that meant.  I didn't know if he meant an actual escape plan involving leaving the country, or a metaphorical escape plan, meaning he would drop out of the work force and fade into retirement.  On Thursday of this week he said a few things concerning his escape plan.  A caller was asking him about what would be the effect of a second Obama term.  Neal then said we needed to have an escape plan ready now. 

He said the first part of that plan should be to get out of debt... completely.  Do whatever you can to make that happen. 

The second thing he said was to make as much of your cash as possible liquid.  Don't keep a large amount of money in bank accounts.  Keep it where you can get to it easily, and it can't be confiscated.

The third thing was to convert your paper money to real money, i.e. gold and silver.  Obviously you will need some cash as well, but you really want to have precious metals.

Fourth was to get guns.  He asked the caller if he had a handgun.  The caller said, "No, but I have a rifle."  Neal told him that was good, but he also needed a handgun, and that he should buy one "off the books" if at all possible.  He said it was important not to have any record of you owning a gun.  He said if Obama wins a second term, he really believes that Obama's administration will move to confiscate handguns from private citizens.

The fifth thing was to have a stockpile of food that would last your family for a long time.

The last two items were surprising to me, because I had never heard Neal Boortz say this before.  His advice took me by surprise, because he is a mainstream talk show host, not someone who talks about conspiracies or doomsday, like some other hosts.  To hear someone like Neal Boortz talking about these things made it all seem so real, so pressing, like our collapse is imminent.

Offline Sgt. Prepper

• The One and Only Billy Shears
  • Survivalist Pro
Re: Escape Plan
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 10:00:18 PM »
Certainly is telling, isn't it.

Sentry

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 10:04:31 PM »
Ex,

I have to say Im a little suprised being that you are a member of a Preparedness forum. Many of the Talk Show People allude to this, thought they never say it due to the fact they will loose listeners and sponsors...

Offline The Expendable

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Bread and Circuses
    • The Expendable
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 10:43:36 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Ex,

I have to say Im a little suprised being that you are a member of a Preparedness forum. Many of the Talk Show People allude to this, thought they never say it due to the fact they will loose listeners and sponsors...

Sentry,

I know that many, if not most of them allude to it.  What was surprising to me was how openly Neal Boortz talked about it.  I had never heard that level of openness by him.

Offline duhghe

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Inverness
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 01:43:03 AM »
I agree with most of what he said.  Food for sure, I mean, you gotta eat - maybe a few weeks worth, then someone will for sure step in to help you out.  Money makes the world go round, so you need that, too.  Gold and silver I don't think are necessary like the radio man says, but I guess it can't hurt to have a little 'bling bling' if everything goes to crap - lends a little bit to normalcy.  I've been debt free for many years now up until recently, just took out that student loan.  I can have it paid off in a few months working at McD's if push really comes to shove though.  The only thing I disagree with is the guns.  I think we might be better off if the government took everyone's guns, things would for sure be safer.  There's too much violence in the world, and taking guns off the street would solve that problem in a hurry.  After all, people don't hurt people, guns hurt people.  Did I say that right?  I think I did.

Offline The Expendable

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Bread and Circuses
    • The Expendable
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 01:49:12 AM »
I agree with most of what he said.  Food for sure, I mean, you gotta eat - maybe a few weeks worth, then someone will for sure step in to help you out.  Money makes the world go round, so you need that, too.  Gold and silver I don't think are necessary like the radio man says, but I guess it can't hurt to have a little 'bling bling' if everything goes to crap - lends a little bit to normalcy.  I've been debt free for many years now up until recently, just took out that student loan.  I can have it paid off in a few months working at McD's if push really comes to shove though.  The only thing I disagree with is the guns.  I think we might be better off if the government took everyone's guns, things would for sure be safer.  There's too much violence in the world, and taking guns off the street would solve that problem in a hurry.  After all, people don't hurt people, guns hurt people.  Did I say that right?  I think I did.

Ahh... I get it... sarcasm!   ^-^

Sentry

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 06:43:39 AM »
Ex,

Sentry,

I know that many, if not most of them allude to it.  What was surprising to me was how openly Neal Boortz talked about it.  I had never heard that level of openness by him.

True, I suppose when ya got nothin to lose... Its nice that he was finally able to get it off his chest... I guess the big question is, who will now continue his legacy? Will people call up his show, and start asking for something more in depth on his statements?

I know I have heard of him, I think I have heard his show once or twice. Glen Beck touches on the subject more than anyone I have heard, usually I don't get to listen to him as much as I would like. Normal day, I drive home from work and listen to Shawn Hanity, cause he is on and I need to listen for traffic information. I end up catching the news of whats going on and his thoughts. I don't necessarily agree with everything he says, but most of his discussion is about popular items in the news circle. Keep Us Distracted Like Everyone else....

Offline Sparky

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 04:38:20 PM »
I get to listen to Bortz every once in a while, but did not hear him get into the preparedness aspects other than buying gold and silver.  Glenn Beck is on it all of the time.  Of course Mormons have been into preparedness for years.  It came from being chased out of everywhere they lived and being hunted down and killed for years until they made their stand in Utah.

More and more people are coming around to sanity.  The less zombies the better.

Sentry

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2012, 05:12:54 PM »
Becks a morman? I didn't know that.

Offline The Expendable

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Bread and Circuses
    • The Expendable
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 08:51:26 AM »

They're everywhere!  Mormons!   ^-^

Offline Alas Babylon

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
  • Narcoossee (Just south of Orlando)
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 10:50:22 AM »

They're everywhere!  Mormons!   ^-^

And after SHTF, they will be the only ones left. (maybe a few preppers too)
 I'm not a Mormon, but they have the right ideas on prepping.

But speaking of the original topic, The word is spreading, there are lots more of us than we think.

-a guy I work with, that I talk prepping with (he's not quite on board yet), told me he went to his second job the other day and his boss there asked him during his performance review if he was ready for the storm. My friend said he was not aware of any storm coming (think hurricane), then the boss told him the SHTF storm coming the way the county is headed, then went on to talk about prepping and food, water and protection.  As a side note they work at the Bass Pro Shop in Orlando.
- I report to an oversight board, comprised of very successful and well of individuals.  Of the 5 on the Board, 3 have talked prepping and economic crash at our quarterly meetings. They have been talking about being prepared financially (gold / silver) and personally(guns ammo) for about the last year.
- I went to the county sponsored emergency preparedness meeting and in addition to the normal stuff talked openly about civil unrest and protection, not relying on the gov, long term power outages and other long term SHTF type stuff.

Every day I hear more and more people talking about this subject. We are no longer the fringe of society.

Offline goinpostal

• Survivalist Pro
  • Concentrist Party Founder
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 11:22:22 AM »
I'm wondering if Beck has enticed Boortz to come work for him at his new TV/Internet/sat radio empire?I know Wilkow did.
Matt

Offline onestep

• Survivalist Pro
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2012, 12:40:37 PM »
AB is correct, there are more and more people talking about prepping and upcoming events.
It's not just for us anymore.

As for the Mormons, they are the largest cattle producers in FL I believe.  When I saw their land on 520 being cleared, planted and then cattle brought in, this tells me they have their fingers on the pulse of what can potentially happen.  And this was a couple of years ago when they started.

Offline Monkeybird

• Survivalist Pro
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2012, 08:21:26 AM »
The warning signs are piling up higher and higher.  Anyone who can't see the potential for a global collapse must be smoking something.  It's amazing to me that so many adults and teenagers in the U.S. don't know what happening in the world, and what more DON'T WANT TO KNOW.  It's far better to talk on your cell phone, click on your mouse, or follow the lives of celebrities. 

I know I keep harping on learning from the past, but I really believe we can see our future by looking to our past.  Victims of these world catastrophes had one thing in common, they refuse to believe it could actually happen.  The Jews in Germany, despite loosing many of their civil right, still did not leave Germany, believing instead that it wouldn't get any worse. 

I truly believe that we are currently on a course which will slowly and systemically take away our rights and no one believes it.

Offline Sparky

• Political Prepper
  • Survivalist Pro
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2012, 12:02:41 PM »
A Congressional study says that an EMP would lead to the deaths of up to 90% of the population within one year.  If we have total economic collapse I am not sure what the death toll would be as I have found no projections, but even with electronics working we would probably be close to twenty five percent depending on the amount of cooperation and charity people show, and if law enforcement stays intact.  Without any cooperation or law enforcement we are probably at 50% within a year.  Think in Florida about just how many would die without medication including the psych meds being lost would be a big problem.  I know just my wife being without her estrogen would probably lead to her killing me.

Tags: Neal Boortz escape plan 

Social Bookmarks